Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bigger problems than coaching

Up to 2007, we had players that probably had less talent overall than we do now. And all I know is that those guys played over their head.

There is no leadership on this team other than JVC. You can't blame the coaches for that. The players assume some responsibility in this.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Up to 2007, we had players that probably had less talent overall than we do now. And all I know is that those guys played over their head.

There is no leadership on this team other than JVC. You can't blame the coaches for that. The players assume some responsibility in this.

Back to the top

Re: Bigger problems than coaching

I totally blame coaching for all this - they recruit, they put the players on the field. The 'chosen" leaders are not cutting it on the field and totally discourages the "followers" who no longer have respect for their teammates or coaches. Respect needs to come from ACTIONS from team mates and this coaching staff. No one should be afraid to speak their mind and state the obvious in fear of being benched or fired. I have more respect for those kids who are out there every day for 4+ years who have never started a game - look at them for some leadership !!

This team is discouraged and in shambles and it is only week 4.
We had 2 good first weeks and after Coach S. gave our team a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" and continues to do so, it is very hard to recover. We need to bring in a "guest" coach who can help bring our owls out of it's  burrow !!

Back to the top

I totally blame coaching for all this - they recruit, they put the players on the field. The 'chosen" leaders are not cutting it on the field and totally discourages the "followers" who no longer have respect for their teammates or coaches. Respect needs to come from ACTIONS from team mates and this coaching staff. No one should be afraid to speak their mind and state the obvious in fear of being benched or fired. I have more respect for those kids who are out there every day for 4+ years who have never started a game - look at them for some leadership !!

We had 2 good first weeks and after Coach S. gave our team a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" and continues to do so, it is very hard to recover. We need to bring in a "guest" coach who can help bring our owls out of it's  burrow !!

Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Yea the end of the MSU game could be a signal for a lot of things…stay tuned…
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Yea the end of the MSU game could be a signal for a lot of things…stay tuned…
Back to the top

I'm not giving the coaches a pass on this. I just think there is more to it than that.

Scratch that. I'm tired of this BS! The personal foul on the punt in the 1st was a punk move. Calling out your own coach because he made the same mistakes that I saw at least 3 NFL coaches make on the same weekend (MSU game)-punk move! Plastering a flyer promoting some stupid party when you probably know better- again, punk move.

The players need to clean up their act. There is a level of expectation to perform at this level and accept responsibility. Its a two way street.

Back to the top

I'm not giving the coaches a pass on this. I just think there is more to it than that.

Scratch that. I'm tired of this BS! The personal foul on the punt in the 1st was a punk move. Calling out your own coach because he made the same mistakes that I saw at least 3 NFL coaches make on the same weekend (MSU game)-punk move! Plastering a flyer promoting some stupid party when you probably know better- again, punk move.

The players need to clean up their act. There is a level of expectation to perform at this level and accept responsibility. Its a two way street.

Back to the top

FAUFBL said

We had 2 good first weeks and after Coach S. gave our team a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" and continues to do so, it is very hard to recover.

"Vote of No Confidence" – that is the perfect way to put it.  I said it when it happened – he gave up on them, and now they're giving up on him.
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

We had 2 good first weeks and after Coach S. gave our team a vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" and continues to do so, it is very hard to recover.

"Vote of No Confidence" – that is the perfect way to put it.  I said it when it happened – he gave up on them, and now they're giving up on him.
Back to the top
Control functions: