Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gators Trampled in Tuscaloosa

Add topic

Lost in all the commotion over FAU's loss to USF was the fact that #7 UF lost 31-6 to #1 Alabama last night. I knew they weren't going to win, as did most people who weren't afflicted with orange-and-blue blindess, but man was it bad for these fans in Gainesville.

At one point a Gator fan observed, "This is so stressful. It's so much easier being a fan of a team that's winning."
"Yeah, welcome to my life," I said.

Regardless of the loss, my roommates still believe UF is on the track for a national title. But they won't be able to beat Alabama. I don't know who could contest Alabama at this point. I watched part of the Oregon game - they're not going to be able to do it. So who?

If things stay about the same, we're probably headed for an Alabama/Ohio State snoozer as the Buckeyes get dismantled once again in front of the world. It would be a longshot but I think more people would rather see Alabama/Boise State than Alabama/Ohio State.
Back to the top

Lost in all the commotion over FAU's loss to USF was the fact that #7 UF lost 31-6 to #1 Alabama last night. I knew they weren't going to win, as did most people who weren't afflicted with orange-and-blue blindess, but man was it bad for these fans in Gainesville.

At one point a Gator fan observed, "This is so stressful. It's so much easier being a fan of a team that's winning."

Regardless of the loss, my roommates still believe UF is on the track for a national title. But they won't be able to beat Alabama. I don't know who could contest Alabama at this point. I watched part of the Oregon game - they're not going to be able to do it. So who?

If things stay about the same, we're probably headed for an Alabama/Ohio State snoozer as the Buckeyes get dismantled once again in front of the world. It would be a longshot but I think more people would rather see Alabama/Boise State than Alabama/Ohio State.
Back to the top

Re: Gators Trampled in Tuscaloosa

So, only three points separates the outcome of the #7 vs #1 team in the land to that of  #48 USF vs #109 FAU…

Good to know ;D
Back to the top

So, only three points separates the outcome of the #7 vs #1 team in the land to that of  #48 USF vs #109 FAU…

Good to know ;D
Back to the top

Still on track for the national title?  They just lost a game by 30 points. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Still on track for the national title?  They just lost a game by 30 points. 

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Looks like South Carolina had the answer for you.

Dont know about everybody else but the only thing that made me feel better was watching UF lose after the FAU game.  I would lOVE to see them make it 3 in a row vs. Miss State this weekend.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Looks like South Carolina had the answer for you.

Dont know about everybody else but the only thing that made me feel better was watching UF lose after the FAU game.  I would lOVE to see them make it 3 in a row vs. Miss State this weekend.

Back to the top

The Gators are now facing a UGA squad that just hung a ton of points on Vandy…could they finally start clicking after such a terrible start? Never before has the cocktail party been so unpredictable! Could be a 4 game slide for UF on the horizon

Fun side note, this game will pitt two teams with the highest "player arrest" ratios in the nation.
Back to the top

How bout Miss. State's D with Manny Diaz as the DC. I would give SERIOUS consideration to his being hired as Coach's replacement after next season, that is if he is still available then! Mullin is getting all the credit but it is their D that gives them the chance to win, just like at MTSU.

Good aggressive coach, young, with HUGE South FL background and ties for recruiting. Yes it would just be an entry level HC job for him before UF or Miss. St. in the SEC, but he would give us a strong 4-5 years after HS to build the program on!
Back to the top
Control functions: