Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FOX News: Shaquille Jones Verbals to FAU's Class of 2012

Add topic

Per FOX News' Jeff Goodman, Shaquille Jones, a 6'5" small forward from Notre Dame Prep has become the Owls' first verbal for the 2012 class.

FAU will have four spots open for the 2012 class with the departures of Alex Tucker, Justin Davis, Kore White, and Shavar Richardson.

Not a lot out there on this guy on the net, but will dig around some…

Jones' ESPN Profile
Back to the top

Per FOX News' Jeff Goodman, Shaquille Jones, a 6'5" small forward from Notre Dame Prep has become the Owls' first verbal for the 2012 class.

FAU will have four spots open for the 2012 class with the departures of Alex Tucker, Justin Davis, Kore White, and Shavar Richardson.

Not a lot out there on this guy on the net, but will dig around some…

Jones' ESPN Profile
Back to the top

Re: ESPN: Shaquille Jones Verbals to FAU's Class of 2012

Jones was named to the 2010 Providence Journal All-State Boys Basketball team as a sophomore…
Back to the top

Jones was named to the 2010 Providence Journal All-State Boys Basketball team as a sophomore…
Back to the top

Rick said

It's great to have a commitment this far out and Jarvis certainly knows how to pick 'em (for guards, anyway… our big guys are mostly still big stiffs)

However, what I've read on this guy is that he's "raw" and looks "seems uncoached" but is "getting by on talent." That concerns me because that means this guy is likely going to play recklessly for a season or two, which in turn means fouls that provide charity points. And sometimes a handful of points like that decide the outcome of the game.
Back to the top

Rick said

It's great to have a commitment this far out and Jarvis certainly knows how to pick 'em (for guards, anyway… our big guys are mostly still big stiffs)

However, what I've read on this guy is that he's "raw" and looks "seems uncoached" but is "getting by on talent." That concerns me because that means this guy is likely going to play recklessly for a season or two, which in turn means fouls that provide charity points. And sometimes a handful of points like that decide the outcome of the game.
Back to the top

Yeah, that was a bit concerning for me as well, but who wrote that? They didnt even sign the comments with an author name…so, not putting too much into it…

Back to the top

Yeah, that was a bit concerning for me as well, but who wrote that? They didnt even sign the comments with an author name…so, not putting too much into it…

Back to the top

It doesn't concern me at all.  This is exactly the kind of kid we should go after.  If he is already fine-tuned, he will go to a higher ranking conference or will have grades issues.

We have the coaching ability, so we need to go after raw talent and coach them into our system.  Teams like the Gators, etc., do not have the time to develop these types, but we have the opportunity to get talent and make them a valuable part of our program.
Back to the top

It doesn't concern me at all.  This is exactly the kind of kid we should go after.  If he is already fine-tuned, he will go to a higher ranking conference or will have grades issues.

We have the coaching ability, so we need to go after raw talent and coach them into our system.  Teams like the Gators, etc., do not have the time to develop these types, but we have the opportunity to get talent and make them a valuable part of our program.
Back to the top
Control functions: