Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK SIX FAU @ LOUISIANA MONROE

Week Six begins tonight and the SBC is starting to take shape. The Owls look to get back into the picture after a string of three losses including a conference loss to North Texas. Here are my Fearless Predictions.

10/09 Florida International vs. Western Kentucky

FIU kicks off conference play against WKU. The Golden Panthers are 0-4 while losing all of their contests to BCS conference opponents. Despite this, the Panthers can rely on the accomplishment of playing close in two of the contests. WKU comes in at 0-4 as well. The Hilltoppers are desperate for a win after losing 24 straight games. FIU will make that total 25 as the Golden Panthers notch a win at home.

Fearless Prediction:
Florida International 31
Western Kentucky 21

10/09 North Texas vs. Arkansas State

At 1-1 in conference play, UNT is the surprise team of the SBC thus far despite being plagued by injuries at QB. Technically, they are still alive in the conference race and will look to improve to 2-1 when hosting the Red Wolves. ASU stands at 1-2 in conference play and a loss this week will all but eliminate them from title contention. The Red Wolves have performed on offense scoring 27ppg. The defense needs to improve to give them a shot against UNT. However, the ability ability of ASU QB Ryan Aplin to continue to shine will be the difference in this game. He has over 1400 yards through the air and he is on pace to hit 3000 yards for the season. I like the Red Wolves in this one.

Fearless Prediction:
Arkansas State 35
North Texas21

10/09 Florida Atlantic @ Louisiana Monroe

After a disappointing start to the season the Owls are 0-1 in the SBC and they find themselves in need of a win. The season begins on Saturday for FAU. A win at ULM will keep the Owls' bowl hopes alive. A loss will be devastating. QB Jeff Van Camp and WR Lester Jean have been stellar. However all SBC RB Alfred Morris has struggled to live up to the preseason expectations. Statistically FAU is in the bottom 10 nationally in rushing yards per game and points per game. ULM is 0-1 in the SBC and they also rank near the bottom nationally in rush offense and points per game. These two teams always play close with the average margin of victory at 2 points over the past four meetings. Look for this game to be close as well. FAU will do just enough in this one with Morris getting on track and Van Camp continuing to perform well.

Fearless Prediction:
Florida Atlantic 24
Louisiana Monroe 21

Also in action this week is Alabama at South Carolina, Michigan State at Michigan, Florida State at Miami, and Florida at LSU.

Enjoy and cheer on your OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK SIX FAU @ LOUISIANA MONROE

FAU 21

ULM 20

Back to the top

FAU 21

ULM 20

Back to the top

ULM 6

FAU 3

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

ULM 6

FAU 3

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAU: 13 | ULM: 7

Back to the top

FAU: 13 | ULM: 7

Back to the top

walty12 said

ULM 6

FAU 3

:D
Back to the top

walty12 said

ULM 6

FAU 3

:D
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK SIX FAU @ LOUISIANA MONROE

FAU 34 ULM 31

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: