Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Baseball Stadium Rennovations...

Add topic

Might as well get a discussion thread going for the baseball stadium rennovations that are going to be on the way very soon Hopefully…

Not a lot to share at this point in time other than Athletics is waiting on the master plan drawings design development drawings, and Phase I construction documents.

After these are completed, the job will them go out to bid.

The project currently has a completion timeline of February, 2011 scheduled and has a budget line of $726,650 of which facilities is kicking in 65% and Athletics is contributing 35%.
Back to the top

Re: Baseball Stadium Rennovations...

It is about time.  I am not a huge baseball fan but I like to go to a game once in a while but that stadium is a joke.  Having to go over to the pool to use the bathroom with a bunch of naked guys changing from the pool is just not right.

This is consistently the best program the school has, they deserve a better place to play.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

any news on this? i can't imagine 700k will do much to that stadium. it was old ten years ago.
Back to the top

As of August 2nd:

"Phase I construction documents have just been submitted for FAU review labeled 'Design Development', however they appear to be complete documents."
Back to the top

Baseball Stadium Rennovations...

Updated September 27, 2010:

"Phase I- 90% Cds sumitted and distributed to FAU departments for review."

Published start - 01/15/11

Completion - 04/20/11

Back to the top

Completion - 04/20/11

Back to the top

Rick said

Completion - 04/20/11

What does this mean in English? lol

They're going to start construction on Jan. 15th and finish construction April 20th. I thought they were going to do construction in phases?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rick said

Completion - 04/20/11

They're going to start construction on Jan. 15th and finish construction April 20th. I thought they were going to do construction in phases?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Rick said

Completion - 04/20/11

Sorry for the delayed response but wanted to make sure I had the right info first:

The above comments were from the

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

minor plans project update from facilities…this is updated periodically bu FAU facilities.

However, from what I have been told, there is no money right now to contribute to Phase I…And, there is no time line ETA given this.

But, if a donor were to come along and request to ear mark monies for it, then Athletics would look to move on it.

Apparently, the request for Phase I, II, and III plans were to get an idea of what it would cost to renovate, etc.

Keep in mind that even if they got the monies, the BOT will still have to vote on it…….

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Rick said

Completion - 04/20/11

Sorry for the delayed response but wanted to make sure I had the right info first:

The above comments were from the minor plans project update from facilities…this is updated periodically bu FAU facilities.

However, from what I have been told, there is no money right now to contribute to Phase I…And, there is no time line ETA given this.

But, if a donor were to come along and request to ear mark monies for it, then Athletics would look to move on it.

Apparently, the request for Phase I, II, and III plans were to get an idea of what it would cost to renovate, etc.

Keep in mind that even if they got the monies, the BOT will still have to vote on it…….

Back to the top
Control functions: