Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Down, and Nearly Out

Owls lead late, but turnover enables game winning drive by Warhawks

The first six games between the Owls and Warhawks had all been won by the visitor. However, that changed tonight as Louisiana-Monroe (2-3, 1-1) picked up the win knocking off FAU 20-17 at Malone Stadium.

With the ball, and the lead late in the fourth quarter, a botched snap by FAU set up the game deciding score for ULM.

“Losing the game like we lost it is inexcusable and we have to learn how to maintain possession of the football”, said head Coach Howard Schnellenberger.

Full Story
Back to the top

Down, and Nearly Out

Owls lead late, but turnover enables game winning drive by Warhawks

The first six games between the Owls and Warhawks had all been won by the visitor. However, that changed tonight as Louisiana-Monroe (2-3, 1-1) picked up the win knocking off FAU 20-17 at Malone Stadium.

With the ball, and the lead late in the fourth quarter, a botched snap by FAU set up the game deciding score for ULM.

“Losing the game like we lost it is inexcusable and we have to learn how to maintain possession of the football”, said head Coach Howard Schnellenberger.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Down, and Nearly Out

Rick said

How to maintain possession of the football
How to defend against the run
How to step in front and break up passes rather than allowing the CB to tackle receivers after the catch has been made
How to not get burned on the SAME EXACT PLAY done TWICE IN A ROW
How to return kicks for more than 20 yards

There's a lot to fix.
Back to the top

Rick said

How to maintain possession of the football
How to defend against the run
How to step in front and break up passes rather than allowing the CB to tackle receivers after the catch has been made
How to not get burned on the SAME EXACT PLAY done TWICE IN A ROW

There's a lot to fix.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

No joke…Where is DI-edge when you need him??

• FAU record holder for single-season return yards
• Second among FAU leaders in career return yards
• Single-season record holder for returns with 48
• FAU record holder for most returns in a game (7)

Most folks lose sight of what we had in this guy…and when he left, knew it was going to be tough to find a replacement…but this is a bit much.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Most folks lose sight of what we had in this guy…and when he left, knew it was going to be tough to find a replacement…but this is a bit much.

Back to the top

Down, and Nearly Out

Rick said

owlcountry said

We hardly practice special teams and if I'm not mistaken we have no ST coordinator it baffles me how this is acceptable to anyone I know the budget is tight but come on
Back to the top

Rick said

owlcountry said

We hardly practice special teams and if I'm not mistaken we have no ST coordinator it baffles me how this is acceptable to anyone I know the budget is tight but come on
Back to the top
Control functions: