Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UNT QB Riley Dodge: When is enough, enough?

Everyone is familiar with UNT QB Riley Dodge's propensity towards injury…but he keeps going, and going…

Apparently, even now, after suffering a broken wrist in last weekend's game against Louisiana:

"Quarterback Riley Dodge will put off surgery on his broken left wrist for two weeks and could be available to play as a backup in UNT's next two games, head coach Todd Dodge said Tuesday."

Riley will put off surgery, could be available

UNT is down to their fourth string QB now obviously…but when is enough, enough??

Back to the top

Everyone is familiar with UNT QB Riley Dodge's propensity towards injury…but he keeps going, and going…

Apparently, even now, after suffering a broken wrist in last weekend's game against Louisiana:

"Quarterback Riley Dodge will put off surgery on his broken left wrist for two weeks and could be available to play as a backup in UNT's next two games, head coach Todd Dodge said Tuesday."

Riley will put off surgery, could be available

UNT is down to their fourth string QB now obviously…but when is enough, enough??

Back to the top

Re: UNT QB Riley Dodge: When is enough, enough?

We couldn't beat them when they pulled a fan out of the stands to QB for em! But it's always good to have a backup plan  :)
Back to the top

We couldn't beat them when they pulled a fan out of the stands to QB for em! But it's always good to have a backup plan  :)
Back to the top

I know we lost a close game to UNT when they had a lot of injuries and were down to their 3rd string QB (actually a WR) but Riley Dodge is not a bad QB. He was recruited and committed to Texas - WAY above the Belt level! But he is smallish and we have come to learn, either injury prone or really unlucky (I choose the latter). And UNT came together that week as a team when they had their backs against the wall and showed some character.

It is now the Owl's time to show if they too have some character and can turn the season around, apologies to Nike - just do it guys!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I know we lost a close game to UNT when they had a lot of injuries and were down to their 3rd string QB (actually a WR) but Riley Dodge is not a bad QB. He was recruited and committed to Texas - WAY above the Belt level! But he is smallish and we have come to learn, either injury prone or really unlucky (I choose the latter). And UNT came together that week as a team when they had their backs against the wall and showed some character.

It is now the Owl's time to show if they too have some character and can turn the season around, apologies to Nike - just do it guys!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

The latest…….

“As a parent, it’s tough” Todd Dodge said. “As a football coach it’s tough, too. You don’t want any of your players to go through what he has. As his father, it makes me very proud of who he is, what he has done and how he cares for this football team.”

The procedure will put him out for seven to 10 days.

“He is going to coach,” Todd Dodge said. “He is taking notes on how to handle things.”

Dodge going in for surgery

Back to the top

The latest…….

“As a parent, it’s tough” Todd Dodge said. “As a football coach it’s tough, too. You don’t want any of your players to go through what he has. As his father, it makes me very proud of who he is, what he has done and how he cares for this football team.”

The procedure will put him out for seven to 10 days.

“He is going to coach,” Todd Dodge said. “He is taking notes on how to handle things.”

Dodge going in for surgery

Back to the top

Dodge calling it quits with UNT…to transfer somewhere else:

I have loved my time at North Texas," Riley Dodge said. "I have many friends and teammates that I will miss greatly. I hope all the best for North Texas football as it enters a new era and a great new stadium. Under the circumstances that have I have been presented, I feel it is in the best interest for all for me to seek a transfer at this time."

Full entry
Back to the top

Probably going to follow his dad somewhere!!
Back to the top
Control functions: