Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The wait is over..

The wait is over..

The groundbreaking of FAU's $62 million, 30,000-seat stadium is finally upon us.

After months of wondering whether the stadium funding would be approved, the groundbreaking event will happen on Oct. 15. According to athletic director Craig Angelos, this event is going to have a major effect on the university, representing more than just a new infrastructure.

"I am so excited with what is happening. It is going to be the catalyst that will change FAU's perception, making it go from a commuter school to a traditional university," said Schnellenberger.

Angelos also made his ultimate goal clear, stating that he wants the stadium to make FAU a "first-choice school where we attract better athletes."

At the event, there will be a traditional turning of the dirt, a special kickoff, a tailgate party and refreshments. The football team, along with the cheerleaders, will be walking down the

Breezeway with the band, which will play special songs in honor of the event.

Coaches, alumni and board members will be attending, including President Mary J. Saunders, Angelos and Schnellenberger. According to Angelos, more than 115 athletes from all sports departments are also expected to be in attendance.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: The wait is over..

That is so cool that they are marching down the breezeway. That is awesome!  8)

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I always threw around the idea of having the band, cheer, dance and prOWLers walk down the breezeway 30 minutes before gametime to signify it's time to go into the game. They would march down the breezeway, through the courtyard next to the Alumni Center (and pick up alumni to join the march) and then head into the stadium.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Many schools do a players/coachs walk.

Next year this should be a given.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I always threw around the idea of having the band, cheer, dance and prOWLers walk down the breezeway 30 minutes before gametime to signify it's time to go into the game. They would march down the breezeway, through the courtyard next to the Alumni Center (and pick up alumni to join the march) and then head into the stadium.

Not a bad idea, the biggest problem now is come kick-off there's still people tailgating in the parking lot or closing up their tailgates. Maybe if they see everyone walking into the stadium that will be a warning of sorts for people to start packing up and closing down the tailgate

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The march down the breezeway starting at the south dorms to the stadium— beautiful.
We should ask the marching band to incorporate steel drums in the cadence.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

We should ask the marching band to incorporate steel drums in the cadence.

Agreed. It's a wasted opportunity otherwise.
Unless FIU is doing something similar… weren't they doing the Hawaiian shirts thing now?
Back to the top
Control functions: