Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ ASU - 10/23/10 @ 1:00 p.m.

Add topic

Game Week Thread: FAU @ ASU - 10/23/10 @ 1:00 p.m.

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (1-4) vs. Arkansas State (2-5)

The Series: FAU 3 ASU 2, with all wins occurring on the home field.

When: Saturday, October 23rd, 1:00 p.m.

Where: ASU Stadium

TV: Sun Belt Network

Live Video: ESPN3.com

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Jonesboro

Current Jonesboro Weather: Here

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU @ ASU - 10/23/10 @ 1:00 p.m.

After a tough loss to ULM, the Owls are back in action this Saturday, away once again, in Jonesboro, AR.

Brutal is the only word to describe the opening slate, of which 5-6 games will have been on the road - despite the MSU game in Detroit being technically a "home" contest.

FAU opens as the underdog at +7.

And probably with good reason, as the Red Wolves have been impressive in their last two outings despite losing.
Back to the top

I'd like to think that the stadium groundbreaking ceremony breathed new life into our guys and things come together next weekend.

Still, I'd be very surprised if we won this game.
Back to the top

Howard Schnellenberger gave some thoughts on FAU’s starting offensive line unit Monday morning …

“Only three of them (starters) are still there and we have had other setbacks, but that’s my responsibility for letting that situation have developed,” Schnellenberger said.

He did however have a few words on the injured offensive linemen Jimmie Colley and Max Karrick.

“I wouldn’t say definitely, Colley is probably not going to play, but Karrick has got a chance, we’ll know a little more after tomorrow’s practice,” Scnellenberger said of the chances the two would play at Arkansas State.

Saturday afternoon, the Owls will be taking on last week’s Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week in quarterback Ryan Aplin.
Schnellenberger is aware of Aplin’s talents and said that everything he does makes him stand out.

“His versatility, first as a field general and as a passer-runner,” Schnellenberger said of Aplin.

Back to the top

I still wanna believe!!!!! With the exception of Texas (and they are having a down year), we can salvage the season.  ;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

msg97886 date=1287423565]
I still wanna believe!!!!! With the exception of Texas (and they are having a down year), we can salvage the season.  ;D

Yeah, I thought so too right up untill Saturday when I watched them kick the holy living crap out of #5 Nebraska.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

This is a game we just have to WIN…period.

And it won't be easy.
Back to the top

Line now up to +8 Owls for most betting sites…+8.5 for LV Hilton.

On a side note:

Red Wolves QB Ryan Aplin was awarded Sun Belt Football Player of the Week on Monday after his performance against IU last Saturday…

Sophomore quarterback Ryan Aplin was responsible for a career-best four touchdowns, which is also the most by any Sun Belt Conference player this season, in ASU's game against Indiana.  He threw two touchdown passes, giving him 12 for the season to tie the 10th most in school history, and added two rushing touchdowns to tie his career-best total.  His two rushing touchdowns gave him six for the season, the most by an ASU player since 2002.  Aplin completed a school-record 33 passes on 44 attempts for a .750 completion percentage, and moved into eighth place all-time at ASU for completions in a season with 150.  He passed for 275 yards and added 23 rushing yards to complete the game with 298 yards of total offense.  Aplin's 275 passing yards were his third most of the season and marked the sixth time in seven games he thrown for over 200 yards.  During the game, he moved into eighth place all-time at ASU for passing yards in a season with 1,897 to his credit.  His 298 yards of total offense gave him a Sun Belt Conference best 2,079 yards that is also the eighth most in school history.  Aplin completed at least one pass to a season-tying nine different receivers, including a school-record 12 completions to receiver Dwayne Frampton.

Source: www.sunbeltsports.org

Back to the top

I smell an upset.

Looking into the conference rankings, FAU comes in first in yards allowed against the pass amongst Belt Teams at 172 per game; a 60 yard improvement over last season.

The Red Wolves give up 258.

They also give up a league worst 213 on the ground, although the Owls are right in front at 208.

Back to the top

How sweet that smell is.
Back to the top
Control functions: