Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Why so many scouts this year?

There seem to be as many as 2 to 10 scouts at fau practices each day. Why so many in a down year? Can anyone explain? They say the board was down this week, let's see can we put some life into it. What about it Rick, Fran, team beer, betterthanthedeadorunborn, i like that name? I have my ideas from insiders, let's see do we concur.
Back to the top

Re: Why so many scouts this year?

JVC and Lockley are two names I know have been getting looks. Not sure who else

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Why so many scouts this year?

burrowing said

There seem to be as many as 2 to 10 scouts at fau practices each day. Why so many in a down year? Can anyone explain? They say the board was down this week, let's see can we put some life into it. What about it Rick, Fran, team beer, betterthanthedeadorunborn, i like that name? I have my ideas from insiders, let's see do we concur.

The forum isn't down; we are on pace to smash last October's numbers…

Folks just aren't as talkative when losing is running rampant.

Case in point, where have you been?? :)

Anyway, to tack on to what Jab said, we have an NFL TE prospect, an NFL QB prospect, a potential LB prospect, and some potential UFA's.

That's what the dealio is with practice and scouts…

Back to the top

Some might also be taking early looks at guys that will be seniors next year. Morris comes to mind as one of those guys although he has not had much of an impact this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Definitely looking at Housler, possibly Van Camp & Lockley.

Housler drafted.
Van Camp possibly a UFA if he has a better second half of the year.
Lockley- UFA if he stops getting run over by running backs.
Back to the top

Info state, most requested film is for that potential LB. TE film watch has trickled down. Had audit week at office, glad that's over. Happy to know traffic is up on the blog. IMO, glad to see the scouts rep there.We are getting attention. They are interested in T Hill also,as I understand. Where is betterthanthedeadanunborn, I like that moniker? Keep plugging away Rick :)
Back to the top

Back to the top

Does the # of scouts surpass any other year?
Back to the top

burrowing said

Info state, most requested film is for that potential LB. TE film watch has trickled down. Had audit week at office, glad that's over. Happy to know traffic is up on the blog. IMO, glad to see the scouts rep there.We are getting attention. They are interested in T Hill also,as I understand. Where is betterthanthedeadanunborn, I like that moniker? Keep plugging away Rick :)

You an accountant?? Or were they just visiting??

If the latter, never fun!  Had one recently myself…….

They are looking at a number of folks…Polo as well.  I didnlt label names above, figured everyone already knew who they were any way; as it was in another thread:

Rick said

Only time will tell as the season goes on for the draft eligible seniors, and solid play will hopefully enhance their stock…but one thing is for sure, we have better chances of having more than one this year!

Anyway, IMO…

Likely Draft:

TE Housler - high to mid round
QB Jeff Van Camp - late round

Possible Draft or FA:

WR Lester Jean - late round
LB Michael Lockley - late round

Possible FA, CFL, AFL, UFL:

CB Tavious Polo
CB Tarvoris Hill

Thread

Back to the top

The big boys came to look at us this time glad it's over. ::)
Back to the top
Control functions: