Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Phil Steele's 2010 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams...

Hot of the "press release"! Owls represented fairly well…

Offense

Alfred Morris -1st Team
Jeff Van Camp - 2nd Team
Lester Jean - 2nd Team
Rob Housler - 2nd Team
Tavious Polo - 2nd Team (PR)

Defense

Marcus Bartels - 1st Team
Kevin Cyrille - 2nd Team
Michael Lockely - 2nd Team
Mickey Groody - 2nd Team (P)
Tavious Polo - 3rd Team
Dino Cox - 4th Team

All Selections

Printable PDF

Back to the top

Re: Phil Steele's 2010 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams...

Great to have Alfred on 1st team and JVC on 2nd, HOWEVER……

Not ONE FAU Olineman on any of those teams. (sure its to be expectd they are very young and inexperienced)

Those guys have to steup up BIG time.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Fair assessment as of now, we have to prove ourselves, both as individuals and as a team!
Back to the top

Who are the top NFL prospects from the All-Sun Belt Teams?
Back to the top

Tavious Polo (PR). I sure hope he means Puerto Rico because that's where it seems Polo is during punt returns.

Steele is usually pretty good with his predictions and selections but Polo as PR is a stretch

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Tavious Polo (PR). I sure hope he means Puerto Rico because that's where it seems Polo is during punt returns.

Steele is usually pretty good with his predictions and selections but Polo as PR is a stretch
LOL that is a stretch Polo cant be the 2nd best PR in the conference can he?
Back to the top

owlmart said

Jab979 said

LOL that is a stretch Polo cant be the 2nd best PR in the conference can he?

At a 5.31 yard average for returning punts, I would think not.
Back to the top

UPDATED "MID SEASON": Phil Steele's 2010 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams...

Phil Steele's 2010 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams...

Phil is now offering a "midseason" prediction…

What a difference some losses make for a couple of guys - particularly on the offensive 1st team…Although it appears stats solely drive his predictions.  Guess that is to be expected…

Offense:

Lester Jean now on 1st team…Rob Housler now on 1st team…Alfred Morris demoted to 2nd team…not fair - no line.  Give him one and he is hands down the best back in the SBC right now.

JVC, gone altogether…was 2nd team.

Defense:

Michael Lockley now on 1st team, up from 2nd, and well deserved. Corey Henry wasn't even on the map, while many FAU sites talked about him plenty prior…he's now on 2nd team. Malik Eugene, also not mentioned, now on 2nd team. A recent 14 tackle performance will get you there.

Marcus Bartels demoted to 2nd team - why?  P Mickey Groody promoted to 2nd team from 4th. Nice job.

Jab will likely enjoy this: Tavious Polo - gone from PR.

Anyway, here is the link.

Back to the top

Good to see Polo no where on this list. Why was Bartels demoted? He's probably amongst the leaders in tackles in the Belt

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: UPDATED "MID SEASON": Phil Steele's 2010 Pre-Season All Sun Belt Teams...

Rick said

Phil is now offering a "midseason" prediction…

What a difference some losses make for a couple of guys - particularly on the offensive 1st team…Although it appears stats solely drive his predictions.  Guess that is to be expected…

Offense:

Lester Jean now on 1st team…Rob Housler now on 1st team…Alfred Morris demoted to 2nd team…not fair - no line.  Give him one and he is hands down the best back in the SBC right now.

JVC, gone altogether…was 2nd team.

Defense:

Michael Lockley now on 1st team, up from 2nd, and well deserved. Corey Henry wasn't even on the map, while many FAU sites talked about him plenty prior…he's now on 2nd team. Malik Eugene, also not mentioned, now on 2nd team. A recent 14 tackle performance will get you there.

Marcus Bartels demoted to 2nd team - why?  P Mickey Groody promoted to 2nd team from 4th. Nice job.

Jab will likely enjoy this: Tavious Polo - gone from PR.

Anyway, here is the link.

I think Alfred's demotion is fair I understand the line is a joke but if other backs in the belt are having a better season then him you cant punish them for having a better line imo…Housler and Jean have earned it…Idk who took Bartel's spot but it is possible someone is having a better season than him, and Polo should not have been there in the first place…nice to see we have some defensive players on there…Corey Henry is a freshmen right?
Back to the top
Control functions: