Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Avery Holley suspended for ASU game

I my opinion some good news for the Owls' - Avery Holley our starting wideout with 11 catches for 70 yards ON THE SEASON is suspended for the ASU game. That is less than 7 yards a catch FOR A WIDE OUT! I am 54 years old and could gain more than 14 yards per game! This move finally gives our good young receivers a chance to shine, and against the worst pass D in the Belt to boot!
Sorry he got in trouble but is is bothering me that our young players only get a chance to play for negative reasons - injuries and suspensions - when it is obvious to observers that the best talent in practices FREQUENTLY do not play in the games! Play the young talent, give them a chance, they actually can't do much worse than many of our "skill position" starters on our O. besides, we HAVE TO break this pattern of only playing or starting the seniors and going into the next season with HUGE experince gaps on our team - the entire D last year and the O line this year.
Go Owls - beat ASU!!!
Back to the top

Re: Avery Holley suspended for ASU game

This move will not hurt us.

The silver lining to all of this is that out of the 3 players we've benched this year, not one of them is a real loss as far as performance goes.
Back to the top

Time to see what DeAndre Richardson has to offer!!!
Back to the top

I don't believe he has ever gone this deep into the season without a season ending injury anyway so no big loss.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Avery Holley suspended for ASU game

GeorgiaOwl said

I my opinion some good news for the Owls' - Avery Holley our starting wideout with 11 catches for 70 yards ON THE SEASON is suspended for the ASU game. That is less than 7 yards a catch FOR A WIDE OUT!

Exactly. From a production standpoint, we clearly need a new starter. I mean, I'm sure the benefit of having plenty of game experience helps with your reactions and decision making, but at what cost? Production.

Back to the top
Control functions: