Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Git er Done!

Git er Done!

Ok, by my watch its about that time of the season when the bright spots show up to save the season. Ya gotta believe people, and as a great man once said "Never give up".

Who is going to step up the rest of the season? I like Y. Morgan, any others?

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Git er Done!

Morgan, Van Camp, Lockley, Morris, Bartels, Stinson, Housler and others are prime candidates to step up. What else? Game plans that enable individual players to effectively exploit individual opponents' weaknesses and to play to their own strengths (athletic ability, which is considerable, and strong encouragement to be proactive rather then reactive). And some kind of measurable in-practice penalties for nonsensical, lack-of-focus in-game penalties (does anyone require offenders to run gassers any more?). Another thing: Less finger-pointing and more problem-solving. I do not agree with some who assert this is one of the worst teams in the FBS (team in my book includes players and coaches); however, the record indicates they are playing as if they are. I sense some of the wrong kind of competition: competition within the team – offense vs. defense, defense vs. offense, offense vs. special teams, defense vs. special teams, some coaches vs. other coaches, etc. The only way to right the ship is for all – offense, defense, special teams and coaches to air it out (preferably privately) and then compete only with opponents. It is not too late. But, then again, what do I know? I am but a fan and strong supporter of the program.
Back to the top

Morris is due. He has been a disappointment this year. However, for him to step up the offensive line needs to improve. Both need to git er done.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Is there any real team leadership? What players step und demand respect? Does the team do ball handling drills or go over what not to do after plays (like hitting other players off the sideline)?
Back to the top

I've also noticed the team is pretty disconnected, I dont know if it's usual to be that way but it seems odd to me that there are so many cliques on a team
Back to the top
Control functions: