Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Expectations?

Add topic

Expectations?

I know the start of basketball season is still a ways off but I think we need something to take our attention off football so to do that,lol. Does this team have any expectations? Can we compete for a conference championship and possibly make it to the Big Dance? I think we have a great shot. I think I feel like Jarvis now has everyone he wants on the team in at each position, or at least is very close. I also think if Kore White is as good as advertised then we should be in for a fun year. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a basketball season.
Back to the top

Re: Expectations?

I got my hand slapped in an interview a while back when asserting the possibility of a 20 win season…Coach wasn't in favor of the notion, asking "where do you see 20 wins" in response.

If we can go 12-4 in conference we need to win 8-of-14 OOC games to pull that off.

That would be best case scenario with some favorable bounces, and is admittedly a bit optimistic upon further review.

17 or 18 wins is more realistic…which is 3-4 more wins than last season (14).

BUT, the most important games obviously take place in March, and count head and shoulders above the rest.

Regardless, we should do MUCH better in the SBC tourney…will be making plans for that gig, and hopefully - if things go well - the one after that ;)
Back to the top

Rick said

I got my hand slapped in an interview a while back when asserting the possibility of a 20 win season…Coach wasn't in favor of the notion, asking "where do you see 20 wins" in response.

Jarvis is a pro… under promise, over deliver.

Looking at your schedule I think 16-18 wins is about right.  If things go well 20 is not out of the question.
Back to the top

I think it will all depend on our ability to play some defense.

We need to get back on D quicker.  We tend to admire our shots and immediately are out of position for defense and after we do something great on O, we quickly give it right back to the opponent with our D.

I would say 16-18 games is about right.  If we play both ends of the court, who knows?
Back to the top

I say we go 17-17, but Jarvis and the team overachieve and we finish 18-16
Back to the top

I am expecting Sweet 16 to make up for the football season!
;D
Back to the top

NCowl said

I am expecting Sweet 16 to make up for the football season!
;D

We need the Final 4 to make up for this football season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The way I see it, there are 5 teams with a legitimate shot at winning the conference this year: UNT and ASU in the west, and FAU, USA, and WKU in the east.

If I had to rank the likelihood for each team, I'd break it down like this:

North Texas - 30%
Western Kentucky - 20%
Arkansas State - 20%
Florida Atlantic - 15%
South Alabama - 15%

I really like your team this year. At the start of the summer, I was borderline on picking FAU to win the east over Western. I don't know that I'd say I expect it to happen, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Back to the top

Now that the pre-season rankings are out, I'd say there are some expectations. I don't think anyone is counting on us winning the conference but TheTastyGreek said, it probably wouldn't surprise alot of people if we did. Should be an exciting year, especially in the East! GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Its very hard to pick against WKU in basketball, especially with all of their recent success

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: