Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE HOWARD

I'm starting the movement. Howard is awful he has to go now  we are the worst team in the country which reflects our worst recruiting class in the country. When you are this bad everyone has to go.
Back to the top

Re: FIRE HOWARD

We all know Howard will never be fired. He is going to coach next year and hopefully will remain on in some capapciy in the Atheletic Department. This is in no way an endorsement of the job he and the rest of the coaching staff has done recently - bc any clear thinking fan can see that the coaching HAS BEEN ATROCIOUS. But the reality is he is never going to be fired.

I am one of those FAU alum who remeber when the thought of a football team was extremely wishful thinking. Howard has made football a reality at FAU and the success he has had in a short period of time is remarkable. However it is painfully obvious that he and the coaching staff have lost their way and it is time for a change in direction. However the reality is Howard himself will have to step down at some point because he isn't going to be fired.
Back to the top

Tommy Bowden for head coach 2011
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tommy Bowden for head coach 2011

I hate to agree with the guy, but this is a good nomination
Back to the top

People forget tulane went 12-0 with him and he was like 71-45 at Clemson and hes doing nothing now
Back to the top

Please keep in mind that recruits and parents of recruits could be reading this board…not saying we cant criticize the program but we should be mindful of the things we say regarding coach…were a small program and coach is one of our better recruiting tools I'm sure parents love having a coaching legend in their living room especially the ones that our longtime UM fans…I'm sure the fire coach threads would not go over well with them
Back to the top

Coach will stay until he is ready to leave. It is what he deserves.

However, what I find most problematic is the lack of disciplineassociated with this and past teams. That is directly associated with coaching and it needs to change.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We all know this will never happen. And it probably shouldn't.  Howard has earned the right to stay until the moment he's ready to ride off into the sunset.  But wow, this was horrible today.  We were a horribly undisciplined (read as poorly coached) team today and we totally self destructed again and again and again.

I am an alum from 1994 so I also remember when the thought of a football team seemed impossible.  But we're ten years into this now, and just having a team isn't enough.

The Sun Belt is considered the lowest of all FBS Divisions - that's a fact we cannot deny.  And we, apparently, are the worst team in the Sun Belt.  If that doesn't bother you then I can't imagine that you have any passion whatsoever about this team.

Howard will not leave until after that stadium is built.  Even if we lose every single game between now and then (a distinct possibility).  But we REALLY need a new coach for 2012 and beyond.  Name the stadium, the practice facility, and the team MVP award after him if you want to.  But after 2011 it's time to move on.

twitter.com/vincenthale
Back to the top

owlmart said

Please keep in mind that recruits and parents of recruits could be reading this board…not saying we cant criticize the program but we should be mindful of the things we say regarding coach…were a small program and coach is one of our better recruiting tools I'm sure parents love having a coaching legend in their living room especially the ones that our longtime UM fans…I'm sure the fire coach threads would not go over well with them
Have you ever been on a real message board
Back to the top

FIRE HOWARD

First of all the coach has never really helped that much with recruiting because we have never really recruited that well. We have found a lot of diamonds in the rough over the years but the poor recruiting is starting to really catch up with us now. This may all change with a new stadium - but let's not kid ourselves in thinking coach is bringing in good recruits off his reputation alone. That has never happened.

One of the major disappointments is the fact that there has been absolutely no building from the New Orleans Bowl year - none. The next year we were the consensus favorite to win the SB with everybody back. But we underachieved greatly. Granted it was kind of masked with the strong finish and Motor City Bowl win, but a lot more was expected. And the last two years have been bad, with this year being an absolute nightmare.
Back to the top
Control functions: