Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach’s Comments from Sunday Night 10/31/10

A few injuries from the Shula Bowl win…

LB Alex Patee strained a ligament holding his knee cap in place and is expected to be out 3-4 weeks. The injury is similar to the one center Jimmie Colley suffered earlier in the season.

TE Rob Housler who left midway through the game, re-aggravated a knee injury that he had suffered earlier in the week leading up to the game.

“It makes the win a lot more significant, winning it without him in there,” Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger said of Housler, who is expected to be alright.

Game Balls for the win over FIU:

Offense- Samuel McRoy
Defense- Dino Cox
Special Teams-Mickey Groody
Bone Award- Ed Alexander

Wide receiver Lester Jean was FAU’s Shula Bowl MVP after his 8 catch, 114 yard, 1 TD performance, and coach thinks it was because of his role in the offense.

“He is really important guy in our offense, because he is the most consistent and Jeff (Van Camp) has the most confidence in him,” Schnellenberger said.

“This was a very significant game,” Coach said of the rivalry win. “Not losing that game was extremely important, and then winning it, and winning it the way we won was very significant."
Back to the top

Re: Coach’s Comments from Sunday Night 10/31/10

Just my opinion but I think Bartels should've gotten a game ball on D. He had an outstanding game and gets better every game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Coach’s Comments from Sunday Night 10/31/10

Coach’s Comments from Sunday Night 10/31/10

Jab979 said

Just my opinion but I think Bartels should've gotten a game ball on D. He had an outstanding game and gets better every game

Yeah, he had a hell of a game.

You mean to say that Bartels is developing?  He wasn't a 5 star safety out of high school?  Crazy what college coaches can teach.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: