Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ WKU

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ WKU

The season is now past the half way point and the Sun Belt still looks to be up for grabs. Arkansas State dominated MTSU earlier in the week and they are still in the hunt for the SBC title. Two SBC teams have one conference loss and three have two conference losses. That means that five teams still have a shot. This week will determine a lot in the SBC and nationally as well.

11/06: North Texas vs. Troy

At 2-3 in the SBC North Texas appears to be on the outside looking in when it comes to the race for the conference title. UNT does have a chance to play spoiler as they welcome Troy. The Trojans are atop the SBC with a 3-1 conference record and they look to rebound after a surprising loss to Louisiana Monroe. Troy should come into this game with a sense of urgency as they look to separate themselves from the pack. UNT has shown the ability to win against favored opponents this year so this is not a game that Troy can expect to walk away from with an easy win. I like QB Cory Robinson and his ability to guide the Trojan offense. I think Troy bounces back from last week's loss with a big win.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Troy 38
North Texas 17

11/06: Florida International vs. Louisiana Monroe

FIU suffered a disappointing loss to FAU in the annual rivalry game known as the Shula Bowl. The Golden Panthers have shown promise this year, but just can't seem to put enough together to get the win. Louisiana Monroe comes off a big win against SBC power Troy. The Warhawks will look to ride that momentum when they visit FIU. Emotionally the two teams couldn't be more different coming into this game. ULM's confidence is soaring and FIU is dejected. I think this game is close, but ULM puts enough together to win and perhaps put the nail in the coffin of the Mario Cristobol era at FIU.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Louisiana Monroe 27
Florida International 21

11/06: Florida Atlantic @ Western Kentucky

FAU visits the bluegrass state after gaining some much needed confidence in a victory over rival FIU. The Owls defense is improving each week and the offense showed significant improvement against FIU. Western Kentucky has 1 win in 28 games. FAU has the talent at the skill positions to put up big numbers in this game if the offensive line plays well. The Owls seem to be hitting their stride and that should spell a victory for FAU. The defense will hold and the offense will click in this one.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Florida Atlantic 31
Western Kentucky 17

In non-SBC action #3 TCU plays at #5 Utah (Fearless Prediction: Utah) and #10 LSU hosts #6 Alabama (Fearless Prediction: LSU).

Enjoy!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ WKU

FAU 24 WKU 21
Back to the top

FAU 28 | WKU 21
Back to the top

We play down to the competition, so I think we pull out a close one.  24-21 OWLS
Back to the top

I think the FIU victory amped us up.... I smell a blowout.... 28- 6

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I think the FIU victory amped us up…. I smell a blowout…. 28- 6

:o

Hope you are right!
Back to the top

North Texas and ULM both need wins this weekend to help FAU's chances in the Belt Standings.
Back to the top

I feel good about this game!  FAU wins by 3 Touchdowns!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

27-17 FAU
Back to the top

31-14 Owls. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: