Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Real talk about UCF

OK.. lets have a real talk about UCF. As an owl fan who lives in Orlando and has to be surrounded by this ucf crap.. let me give you my thoughts on UCF and I encourage everyone to expand on it.

1) UCF is not that good, even though they are ranked. Conference USA is overrated and so is UCF.

2) While we are having a down year, we have a better program. Once our offensive line is established and kooi gets rolling, we will be in a bowl game again very soon. Also, the fact that we have kept up without a stadium… only makes me think we will be at USF level in 3 years, while UCF still continues to struggle having a good year here and there.

3) While UCF is a bigger school… FAU per capita has way hotter chicks, is in a better location, and has way better uniforms.

4) UCF will not schedule us, because they know we will beat them and they will lose recruits.
Back to the top

Re: Real talk about UCF

Gets popcorn and gets ready to watch the fireworks...
Back to the top

Alright then…

I'm as big an Owls fan as you will find, but to claim we have the better program right now is just insane.  UCF has a stadium, bigger fan base, and they are ranked right now.  FAU is 3-5, stadium construction is just underway, and a history of low attendance (yes, we are improving in that area and playing on campus will help a ton).  Both are up and coming programs, but they are just ahead of us right now.  The fact is that they will get the Big East(or any other BCS conference) invite before us.

Our stadium will help close the gap, but right now, their program is ahead of us and the reason is that they invested in their facilities while we dragged our feet for a decade.

Anyway, no reason to rain on their parade this season.  I haven't watched them play, but getting ranked is a great accomplishment for any program.  The one thing I do agree with you on is that they should schedule us.  It'd be a rivalry that would be good for both teams and their fans (a nice quick road trip for both schools).  
Back to the top

oh boy here we go again. Face it folks UCF is better than us. Maybe a few years down the line we will be better than they are who knows! It sucks and I hate them too but there's no way we are a better team than them. If we played each other this season they'd kill us

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

If they played us last year, we would have likely killed them?
Back to the top

Real talk about UCF

sirwgula said

OK.. lets have a real talk about UCF. As an owl fan who lives in Orlando and has to be surrounded by this ucf crap.. let me give you my thoughts on UCF and I encourage everyone to expand on it.

1) UCF is not that good, even though they are ranked. Conference USA is overrated and so is UCF.

2) While we are having a down year, we have a better program. Once our offensive line is established and kooi gets rolling, we will be in a bowl game again very soon. Also, the fact that we have kept up without a stadium… only makes me think we will be at USF level in 3 years, while UCF still continues to struggle having a good year here and there.

3) While UCF is a bigger school… FAU per capita has way hotter chicks, is in a better location, and has way better uniforms.

4) UCF will not schedule us, because they know we will beat them and they will lose recruits.

Well, with facts like those, how can we argue?

Just please keep up peons in mind when FAU is hoisting the Sears trophy in 3-5 years, ok?
Back to the top

sirwgula said

Wow, I'm convinced  ::).  The better uniforms really got me. 
Back to the top

The FAU team of 2 years ago would probably have beaten UCF. I feel like after this year you guys will be back on your game. Top 3 in the SBC.
Back to the top

UCF is currently better than FAU as a team and as a program.

There is no point in arguing that a top 25 UCF team is worse than a 3-5 FAU team that barely beat WKU. However, that could all change next year or the following.

UCF has all of the pieces in place; stadium, fan base, size, etc. and should actually be far ahead of where they are at given all of those positives.

FAU's stadium will transform the program and will really level the playing field with UCF. I think in 5 years both teams should be on pretty equal footing.

For now UCF should be congratulated on making the top 25. However, I suspect it will be short lived.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Why do we continue to bring this up? This is kind of pointless and you're just asking for the UCF fans to come on and invade the board

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: