Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What's Possible for this Season

If all the stars and moons align perfectly and FAU stumbles upon a garden of four-leaf clovers; here is the best case scenario for the Owls in the final 2010 Sunbelt standings:

North Texas  5-3
Florida Atlantic  5-3
Florida International  4-4
Louisiana-Monroe  4-4
Arkansas State  4-4
Louisiana-Lafayette  4-4
Western Kentucky  4-4
Troy  3-5
Middle Tennessee  3-5
[hr]
It's mathematically possible for FAU to share the conference title with N. Texas; however, the Mean Green would go the New Orleans Bowl game since they beat us earlier this season. Which means, FAU would go to the GoDaddy.com Bowl (Formally the GMAC Bowl) played at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, AL on January 6, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. CST. This Bowl Game pins the top MAC team against the second place SunBelt team.

Back to the top

Re: What's Possible for this Season

Haha Troy is not going 3-5 and NT is not winning the conference lol.

I like your thought process and its good to be optomostic but its not happening. Just finish the season out strong and healthy that's all I ask for

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Haha Troy is not going 3-5 and NT is not winning the conference

Probably not, but it's possible!
Back to the top

Best possible scenerio would be for us to hit 6-6, have a winning record in the conference and sneak into a bowl game

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

theres 8007 bowl games go 6-6 and let Howard handle it
Back to the top

What's Possible for this Season

Here's the best case scenario for us after the Nov. 6 games:

Arkansas State  5-3
Florida Atlantic  5-3
Troy  4-4
Florida International  4-4
Louisiana-Monroe  4-4
North Texas  4-4
Western Kentucky  4-4
Middle Tennessee  3-5
Louisiana-Lafayette  3-5

A bowl game and a share of the conference title!
Back to the top

The only thing that matters is what we can control and that is FAU at 5 - 3, although I have done the head to head match ups as well.

I still do believe that this is possible.  I believe we will get by the Cajuns this Sat. and I have watched MTSU in a few games this year and they are definitely beatable.  This sets up the last game of the year against Troy at home as whether or not we can become bowl eligible.  It could make for a very exciting ending to a very disappointing year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: