Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fake out play

Add topic

Any comments on this middle school football play?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Fake out play

Fake out play

That gives a whole new meaning to the word 'gimmick'.

To me it goes against the spirit of the game at the middle school level.

GO OWLS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Intersting point of view. I may use some of the "gimmicks" that have come out in football trick plays for my upcoming class assignment.

I'm reading a book for my sports management doctoral program right now about ethics in sports. The main subject area we are dealing with are things that are within the rules of the game, but are borderline ethical/unethical. One of the biggest examples (and the subject of an upcoming assignment): intentional fouling in basketball.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

owlfan1 said

Intersting point of view. I may use some of the "gimmicks" that have come out in football trick plays for my upcoming class assignment.

I'm reading a book for my sports management doctoral program right now about ethics in sports. The main subject area we are dealing with are things that are within the rules of the game, but are borderline ethical/unethical. One of the biggest examples (and the subject of an upcoming assignment): intentional fouling in basketball.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but it should be about learning the fundamentals and sportsmanship at the middle school level. If a team needs to run that garbage to win they aren't that good of a team and don't deserve to win. Poor sportsmanship on behalf of the coach.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: