Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

what do you think about FAU'S Defense this year?

I think Van V'S DEACONS OF DEFENSE, have made a great change from the much maligned of 09, to the great men of 2010. I offer this as evidence. Out of five categories that are measured by the Sunbelt conf. on defense FAU is at the top, or near the top. They are #1 passing defense, #1 passing efficiency, #1 in scoring defense, #2 in total defense and # 8 in rushing defense. Another category they are at the top in is red zone defense. This unit make me feel good about them because they were drug through the mud last year and came back and are at the top of there game! Thank you for getting the wins we have this year, great defensive men of 2010. The stat that jumps out at you, is the fact that they allow the least amount of points in a game in the conf. :o ??? :) What a difference a year makes!
Back to the top

Re: what do you think about FAU'S Defense this year?

Very much improved, not only on play but in attitude and aggresivness. And points allowed would be even better without that 4th qtr. meltdown by the O! I think Arky St. got 3 TD's with only 31 yards of O due to the turnovers, and don't forget the 2 pts. to WKU for the rediculous snap costing us a safety. The D then held on and saved the game for the Owls, both after the free kick and in the 4th qtr.!!
Back to the top

just glad they are playing like this now.  Perfect time considering where we are at in the season.  Big games that we must win
Back to the top

Like a polar opposite of last season, that's for sure!

Now, if the offense could just muster up some intentisty for the remaining conference games, we could be in the hunt.

To add to Burrowingowl's post:

On the season, Six different Owls have recorded an interception equaling nine interceptions.

As a team, the Owls also have broken up 26 passes all enabling the Owls to earn a spot at No. 14 nationally in pass defense and No. 18 nationally in defensive pass efficiency.
Back to the top

It's an amazing turnaround and a lot of fun to watch a football team with some backbone on D! Van V has done an awesome job, he's gotten the agressiveness out of "most" of the players. It almost pains me to say this but Tavios Polo is playing really well…he's on a lot of people's radar because of his freshman year and then all of a sudden, he turns into a shutdown corner the last half of his senior season…talk about peaking at the right time.
Back to the top

There's no question that our D has turned itself around from last year. The real question is will it carry over to next season, losing some key defensive seniors.
Back to the top

Awesome turnaround for the defense.  Coach VanV has really coached these guys to work to their potential.  Keep it up!  Now that things are turning around, all the whining fans from earlier in the season looking to fire the coaching staff are "back on the bus".  Welcome back!
Back to the top

I agree with all the observations.  The D is playing really well.  I hope they keep this momentum.  The way this Defense is playing as of late reminds me of the Joseph, Jackson, Savage, Bartels (older brother) days.  If they keep this up, it could be an interesting end to the season.  But back to reality, one game at a time. Go D & Owls, beat ULL. 
Back to the top

I really like the way the defense has come along. The defense seems to be improving each week and I think we can expect really good things next year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

what do you think about FAU'S Defense this year?

Best Defensive unit in FAU's history !! I think that they will improve throughout the season and continue to build next year due to the rotation of newer players. I like their attitude……the don't give up !
Back to the top
Control functions: