Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

with 4 games left, how will the Owls do the rest of the season?

How will the Owls do the rest of the season

Win 0 games & Finish 3-9 {-} [1 vote]
Win 1 game & finish 4-8 {-} [2 votes]
Win 2 games & finish 5-7 {-} [10 votes]
Win 3 games & finish 6-6 no bowl {-} [1 vote]
Win 3 games & finish 6-6 with bowl {-} [8 votes]
Win 4 games & finish 7-5 with bowl {-} [2 votes]

You must select between 1 and 24 options

Not what is possible, because anything is possible, but what do you think our final record will be at this point?

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Re: with 4 games left, how will the Owls do the rest of the season?

This is tough to call.  Our offense is going to have to start scoring more than 3 TD's a game to win 3 of the next 4.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Even if we end 6-6 we will not go bowling….

As I said on Ted's Blog today:  Only way we go bowling is if the team takes a trip to Boca Lanes.
Back to the top

That I don't agree with because of Howard and the florida market we may get a bowl. I'm pretty sure the 2 seed in the belt automatically gets a bowl anyway

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

with 4 games left, how will the Owls do the rest of the season?

It also really depends on how the other sun belt teams perform for the remaining of the season.  Also, I thought that if other teams in BCS conferences do not have enough bowl eligible teams, then it's possible for teams like us to pick up the baton for some other bowl games besides the New Orleans and Go Daddy Bowl.
Back to the top

Who picked 0?

I smell a UCFer…….
Back to the top

Guys I'll take it one game at a time. But I do believe that because there is 70 bowls this year, a 6-6 record could probably get you in. I personally would not mind going to the godaddy.com bowl as it's about a 10 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale.  But back to reality and take it one game at a time.  I will be pulling for Troy over FIU this weekend so that they can wrap up the conference and really have nothing to play for down the stretch. 
Back to the top

Why am I not surprised that an owl fan would root against FIU?  ::) Anyway, I don't think Troy will take their feet off the gas for the rest of the season, not after ULM showed that they are still mere mortals and struggling against UNT. For the sake of a good turn out for the stadium opener, I will be pulling for you against the cajuns. And by the way, I made a "FAU beat ULL" shirt.  ;D
Back to the top

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say we go….1-3. We'll handle Louisiana but finish 0-3. Texas is still Texas so we will not beat them even if they aren't that good. MTSU will be tough since its at MTSU, plus they have a mobile QB and we suck against mobile QBs, even with out improved D. And Troy, well Troy is still Troy and their D will be able to stop our streaky O. Of course I hope I'm wrong and I hope we win out in the SBC and get a chance at a bowl
Back to the top

I may be changing my opinion for a 6 & 6 final record.  We definitely lose the Texas game, however with FIU beating Troy tonight–we may beat MTSU & Troy.  FIU has definitely exposed some serious weaknesses of TROY!

Let's Go Owls!  Let's GO!
Back to the top
Control functions: