Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Up Close" with Kore White...

Add topic

Despite splitting the preseason at 1-1 with some things still needing work, there is one thing to take as certain for Florida Atlantic: Kore White is their best overall player.

The Marshall transfer, who sat out last season, has already made an impact posting averages of 15 points, and 9.5 rebounds per game.

A native or Fort Lauderdale, FL who averaged nearly a triple double in his senior year at Dillard Highschool, White played one season but saw limited time for the Thundering Herd. In hind sight, he says it wasn't the best move.

"I took one visit to Marshall and I committed right away, which I think I made a mistake with", said White. "With the (recruiting) distraction and school it's hard to deal with that when you are trying to win a championship your senior year. My mind frame was getting that stuff out of the way early."

White appeared in 17 games for Marshall, averaging just 0.4 points and 0.8 rebounds per game.

"The last thing on my mind was leaving, it was a difficult freshman year, and I was just trying to find as many ways as possible to fit in the program", White said. "The coaches were telling me it was going to take time…but it has been a year.  I just thought that instead of waiting another year to ride it out, to try somewhere else."

It was a step of faith to depart, especially with no connections to draw from, but he felt it was the right thing to do despite the unknown. While in high school he was in the driver's seat with interest galore. Now, it would be him drumming the attention, and hoping for a roster spot to still be open very late in the recruiting period.

"I didn't leave saying 'I know where I am going'. It was more like me reaching out to coaches, than coaches reaching out to me. I reached out to coach Jarvis. Fortunately, two schools offered me: FAU and FIU."

"I decided to choose FAU because I have heard a lot of good things about Coach Jarvis. With Isiah, coaching wise, a lot of people didn't know. But with Jarvis they knew, and I took that advice."

Full Entry

Back to the top

Re: "Up Close" with Kore White...

404 Not Found

We cannot locate what you are looking for. Try the search engine:

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: "Up Close" with Kore White...

"Up Close" with Kore White...

Jab979 said

404 Not Found

We cannot locate what you are looking for. Try the search engine:

Fixed, had a bad link
Back to the top
Control functions: