Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU controls it's own Bowl destiny?

FAU controls it's own Bowl destiny?

Looking at the schedules of the rest of the Belt, it seems as if we win our last 2 SBC games, we could very well end up with the #2 spot in the Belt.  In fact, if we beat Troy and MTSU (or Texas), the only other teams that can be bowl eligible in the SBC would be FIU and ULM.   Troy will get it's 6th loss this week against South Carolina, and a loss to us would make it 7 losses and make them ineligible.  Same with MTSU, they are already at 6 losses and a loss to us or anyone else eliminates them.   Ark State is at 6 losses and they should lose this week at Navy.  Unless my schedule analysis is wrong, as crazy as it sounds, if we can finish 6-6, we very well could be in the drivers seat for the second Belt automatic bid.  ULM is the only other team that can finish at least 6-6 if we win out.  We need to root for UNT to beat ULM this week and hand them a 7th loss.  ULM seemingly has the easiest remaining schedule with home games against UNT and ULL.  UNT is playing well right now though, so go Mean Green this Saturday!

Needless to say a win at Texas would be HUGE for us on many levels, but that is still unlikely.  Winning the last 2 SBC games, however, is a very attainable goal…and by my math, may just put us in a bowl game.  Actually if we get help from FIU's last 3 opponents, we can still win the conference by winning our last 2 Belt games.  How big does our home losses to UNT and ULM look now?   >:(

Oh well, can't dwell on what has happened.  This season has certainly become a lot more interesting.

GO OWLS!!!!

Back to the top

Re: FAU controls it's own Bowl destiny?

Who are FIUs final SBC opponents? FIU has how many wins now? 4?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

As much as I would like FAU to beat Texas.  I think it will take a miracle to win.  Our defense is playing sold football but our offense is still struggling.  We rely to heavily on the Defense and I don't think that they can keep Texas at bay for that long.  I hear people saying that they wouldn't be surprise if we won but I will be extremely surprised!!  However, If we pull this off I think THIS would be the greatest comeback in FAU History!!  Even If they don't make it to a bowl game.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

We are @ULL, then we close out with consecutive home games against ArkSt and MTSU.
Back to the top

HooterHater said

Jab979 said

We are @ULL, then we close out with consecutive home games against ArkSt and MTSU.

@HooterHater  What is the address to FIU's Blog.  I want to congratulate you guys on a big victory at Troy.  As much as I hate you guys I hate Troy's dominance of the belt even more.  Its good to see you guys knock them off their high Horse  ;D
Back to the top

FIU's website is

www.fiugoldenpanthers.com

Its a good site and most are pretty friendly. I banter a bit over there every now and then.

Grats to the panthers HAVE to be given. That was a solid ass kicking on Troy. Something weve never doen.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Ugh, this FIU friendliness is sickening. Last thing we want is our No. 1 recruiting rival winning the conference! You guys need to get your priorities straight.
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Ugh, this FIU friendliness is sickening. Last thing we want is our No. 1 recruiting rival winning the conference! You guys need to get your priorities straight.

Yeah well… They can win the conference, go to a bowl game, win and be ranked no 1 in the country for all I care, however, we ALWAYS TELL RECRUITS even with all that success we OWN THEM!!! 8-1 win record says it all!!!  It just make us look even bettter!!  ;D
Back to the top

They'll drop one of the remaining games…bound to happen the way this league has gone thus far…but they have to drop two, and we win out, to even be in the hunt.

A bit more unrealistic given the way they have been playing.

As it looks, there could even be a scenario where 5 teams finish at 5-3…but let's not go there.
Back to the top

i agree Ghost….it won't be a rivalry unless we HATE them…. Let's not be soft people!!! THEY ARE FIU!!!!!!!! eh
Back to the top
Control functions: