Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty Smith on Standby

Add topic

Titans Insider | Titans news and analysis from Tennessean.com

Rookie quarterback Rusty Smith was just one play away from entering Monday’s game against the Jaguars, and will be on call again Sunday because of Vince Young’s injury.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Smith, a sixth-round pick from Florida Atlantic, has made great strides since training camp and “I think he’d do petty well.’’

“I just have to be ready if my time comes,’’ Smith said. “I feel like I know (the offense) well enough where if my number were to be called, I would be able to help the offense.’’

Back to the top

Re: Rusty Smith on Standby

;D

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Rusty Smith from Florida International looks like he might get his first NFL action...
Back to the top

Rusty Smith on Standby

CBS clowns! Plus, Vince Young is the No. 2, not Rusty. If Rusty comes in, Young and Collins can't play the rest of the game.
Back to the top

Young on the bike, Rusty just standing there. Looks like VY will be in for Collins.
Back to the top

Vince looks like he's gettin ready, but who knows, he's not 100% either. All in all this is probably one of the sloppiest games on both sides I've ever seen.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Rusty Smith from Florida International looks like he might get his first NFL action…

LOL, I heard it too, had to laugh. We'll take whatever publicity we can get.  8)
Back to the top

FIU4ever said

owlmart said

Rusty Smith from Florida International looks like he might get his first NFL action…

LOL, I heard it too, had to laugh. We'll take whatever publicity we can get.  8)

Yeah, well that's already been established with the Miami-FIU brawl back in 2006. ;)
Back to the top

Back to the top

I'd rather not see him play this year.  I think he needs more time to develop, would rather him be ready than play poorly and kill his confidence.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: