Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Texas - 11/20/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

Add topic

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (4-5, 3-3) vs. Texas (4-6, 2-5)

The Series: FAU 0, Texas 1

When: Saturday, November 20th, 3:30 p.m.

Where: Texas Memorial Stadium

TV: FOX Sports Florida, Local 37 & HD 401

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Austin, TX

Current Texas Memorial Stadium Weather: Here

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU @ Texas - 11/20/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

Florida Atlantic held on to nip the Cajuns in a barn burner of an ending and a questionable call from Head Coach Rickey Bustle, to move to 4-5 overall, and 3-3 in league action. Given recent parity in conference play, the Owls now find themselves in serious consideration for a 6-6 finish.

Texas dropped a 33-16 decision to #11 Oklahoma State on Saturday.

The two teams have met just once, with the Longhorns coming away the winner in convincing fashion:

08/30/08 A L 52-10

FAU opens as the underdog at +21.
Back to the top

I'll go out on a limb here…. FAU keeps it close and possibly pulls it out…. Texas is that bad this year…  ;D
Back to the top

As rough as texas is this year, I still think they are put up some serious points against us.  Also, as much as I hate to see a team give up, if things get out of control, I do hope coach pulls our starters.  We need a healthy team to finish up our conference play.  If we have a shot, then by all means lets give the horns hell, but if its 33 to 7 at the half, lets try to win out the next two games and go bowling.

P.S. wdhitch, good game up in louisville.  Bj still scares me everytime he has the ball though.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Texas would be a good game to get some of our back ups and potential starters for next year some game experience.

I don't think we're going to keep it close. D is still struggling. Broke down in the 2nd half vs. ULL

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I'm excited to see everyone! I can't wait!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Does anyone have Comcast?  I have the upgrade sports pack, but have been unable to find the game scheduled in any of the Fox sports channels (Fox Plus).  Does anyone know if Comcast South Florida will showing the game?  Thanks!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I'm excited to see everyone! I can't wait!

Who all is making the trip?  ???
Back to the top

FAU Athletics just sent a Tweet out:
"FAU football at Texas will air on South Florida on Fox Sports Florida. Owl fans gather at Hooter's of Boca Raton. Go Owls!"

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Texas - 11/20/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

Here's the release:

Florida Atlantic University’s football game versus the University of Texas in Austin, Texas on Saturday, November 20 at 3:30 p.m. EST will air in the South Florida television market by Fox Sports Florida.

The game will be produced in high definition as part of the Big XII package by Fox Sports Southwest.

FAU Athletics also will host a watch party of the game at Hooters, 2240 NW 19th St., in Boca Raton.
Back to the top
Control functions: