Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Will Van V'S DEACONS OF DEFENSE HOLD TEXAS SCORELESS IN THE FIRST HALF.

Texas has been held scoreless 5 times this year in the first half. Will our upstart defense,continue that trend? I think we will. 8)
Back to the top

Re: Will Van V'S DEACONS OF DEFENSE HOLD TEXAS SCORELESS IN THE FIRST HALF.

Will Van V'S DEACONS OF DEFENSE HOLD TEXAS SCORELESS IN THE FIRST HALF.

Our "upstart defense" crumbled in the 2nd half against ULL and will if I had to guess allow 21 pts in 1st half.

The D is playing great, yes but we aren't the Baltimore Ravens. The D has been able to shut down Sunbelt teams. Look what USF did to us, I expect a similar outcome

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

burrowing said

Texas has been held scoreless 5 times this year in the first half. Will our upstart defense,continue that trend? I think we will. 8)

Just to clarify:

They have only been held scorless once - KSU

They have been held without a touch down six times…however, they made FGs…1 three times, 2 once, and 4 once…
Back to the top

How about we just aim to hold them under 35 points?  That sounds like a good goal to me.  Thank god I wont be there this year listening to that cannon fire on repeat mode like 2008.

JVC will have to have the game of his life for us to win this one….350 yards with 4 TD's I imagine.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

How about we just aim to hold them under 35 points?  That sounds like a good goal to me.  Thank god I wont be there this year listening to that cannon fire on repeat mode like 2008.

JVC will have to have the game of his life for us to win this one….350 yards with 4 TD's I imagine.

I agree walty.  As long as the defense can keep this game at least somewhat close, I think we will have a shot.  Even a respectable loss to Texas, in a down year by their standards, should be considered a plus for the Owls.  We really need to focus on the last two conference games that are going to truly decide if the Owls have a good season or not.
Back to the top
Control functions: