Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lucky Football Mojo

I've mentioned it in another post, but thought this might be entertaining.  Last 3 weeks I've not been able to watch the games, but I've worn the same FAU shirt (it's actually one I really don't like that much), same pair of shorts (washed, of course), and flown my two carflags in the driveway.  I've never been a real superstitious person, but in my mind it seems to be working.  My only problem is do I stop watching the games if there on TV?  Maybe my viewing is bad luck.  I've just been getting updates on the phone.

I guess the point of this thread would be "Does anyone else have a "lucky" routine they follow on game day?"  This could be where our own, unique FAU tradition comes from.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Re: Lucky Football Mojo

duder said

I've mentioned it in another post, but thought this might be entertaining.  Last 3 weeks I've not been able to watch the games, but I've worn the same FAU shirt (it's actually one I really don't like that much), same pair of shorts (washed, of course), and flown my two carflags in the driveway.  I've never been a real superstitious person, but in my mind it seems to be working.  My only problem is do I stop watching the games if there on TV?  Maybe my viewing is bad luck.  I've just been getting updates on the phone.

I guess the point of this thread would be "Does anyone else have a "lucky" routine they follow on game day?"  This could be where our own, unique FAU tradition comes from.

It's funny you say that. At the ground breaking ceremony I bought a Rusty Smith # 11 Titans T-Shirt. I've worn it to every game since (FIU,WKU,ULL) and we have not lost. Unfortunately I am visiting family in NY so I didn't have room to fit my Rusty shirt so I fear that we will lose on Saturday

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Before every game, I do the same ritual: shower with the song "Thunderstruck" on; then the two FAU hiphop songs; and then lay out my three little display owls on the flag, pray, and then kiss the owls, fold the flag, and put on my clothes. My clothes use to be the same uniform everyday until I graduated.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Before every game, I do the same ritual: shower with the song "Thunderstruck" on; then the two FAU hiphop songs; and then lay out my three little display owls on the flag, pray, and then kiss the owls, fold the flag, and put on my clothes. My clothes use to be the same uniform everyday until I graduated.

Wow, my wife thinks I'm nuts.  I am going to show her this just to make myself look better.

Thanks Smitty. ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Lucky Football Mojo

Wow…….

;D
Back to the top

seems to me that FAU and the Dolphins are pretty well paired up.  My thinking is that if the Dolphins win tomorrow night then we will win Sat.  If the Dolphins lose, we will lose.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

This may be the greatest post of all time!!
Back to the top
Control functions: