Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sunbelt Championship Possibilities

Sunbelt Championship Possibilities

Ok this is a bit of a stretch but not impossible.

FAU - Win out and go 6 - 6, 5-3 conference
FIU - Loses out to Ark St & MD TN 5 - 7, 5 - 3 conference, not bowl eligible
Troy - Beat W KY, Lose to FAU 6 - 6, 5 - 3 conference, we win head to head
Ark ST - can't become bowl eligible
La Mo - They lose to La Las  they are out, win and they win belt with FIU loses.

Bottom line, we need to win out and FIU needs to lose both games and La Mo needs to lose to La Las and we win the conference and go to NO Bowl.  If FIU splits their games they win conference and we can still go bowling at the Go Daddy Bowl in the beautiful town of Mobile, AL.

I am sure I missed a couple possibilities here but it's a start.

BTW for any other FSU fans - Go MD take care of NC State next week!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Sunbelt Championship Possibilities

Not impossible but now I just want the Owls to take care of their own business, finish 6-6 and get to ANY bowl - and beating both MTSU and Troy to close the year would be terrific too!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Praying daily for this to take place.

On a side note:

What do you think of Jimbo this season, who seems to be doing a nice job this year?
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Praying daily for this to take place.

On a side note:

What do you think of Jimbo this season, who seems to be doing a nice job this year?
I think he has done a great job turning things around, we are one goal line fumble away from already locking up the ACC Coastal.  I feel very good about the future for the Noles.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Not impossible but now I just want the Owls to take care of their own business, finish 6-6 and get to ANY bowl - and beating both MTSU and Troy to close the year would be terrific too!

Totally agree and just had that same conversation with someone earlier.  I just wanted to put the possibilities out there.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

If we're bowl eligible, it's still possible for us to get into other bowl games besides New Orleans and Go Daddy if the other conferences don't have enough bowl eligible teams.

I know this article is a year old, but does anyone know if this still applies for this season?

Sun Belt Conference Enters Agreements with St. Petersburg Bowl, Papajohns.com Bowl, and PetroSun Independence Bowl
Updated: 10/29/2009
http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&ATCLID=1514457
Back to the top
Control functions: