Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Well we didnt beat Texas but...

There was a lot of talk this past week what would be better, beating Texas or going to a bowl game.

Well we didn't Texas and we don't know about a bowl game yet, but as far as a recruiting tool I think the next best thing happened with Rusty possibly starting in TN on Sunday.

Expect to hear Florida Atlantic a lot throughout the week, during the game and even during the week on sports center or any sports talk show where they mention the Titans and their QB this week.

You gotta think any possible recruit who pays attention to college football or even watches sports center and continously hears the name Florida Atlantic will think I can go to FAU and play in the NFL or I can go to one of these other schools who you don't hear anything about

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Well we didnt beat Texas but...

Agree.

Depending on how things work out with Young there could be a lot of press about it.

And if he performs well Next Sunday it will be even bigger.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Something must be going on in that locker room. In Rusty's interview, some of the questions by the local media were very telling.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Something must be going on in that locker room. In Rusty's interview, some of the questions by the local media were very telling.

Obviously no one knows for sure but from what I've heard/read basically Vince Young isn't getting along with Jeff Fisher. Young says he was fine and he wanted to go back into the game. Fisher said Young never asked to go back in and he didn't look good throwing the ball on the sidelines to Randy Moss. It looks like it's going to be one of those either he goes or I do. If that's the case and I'm the Titans… See ya Vince! Thanks for nothing and enjoy your new team where ever that may be

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well we didnt beat Texas but...

Funny, I wrote that before I read the reports about what VY allegedly did in the locker room, and in the parking lot. I just found it interesting what that the one reporter asked and I am paraphrasing…

Reporter: "So, your not shy about going deep?"  (on looking for Moss downfield)

Big Red: (slight chuckle) "No, thats not my game"

Reporter: "Cool"

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: