Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Vince Young out for Season

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher says quarterback Vince Young will have season-ending surgery and needs surgery on his throwing hand.

Fisher said Monday that Tennessee team doctors recommended the surgery to repair Young's flexor tendon in his right thumb, which he injured late in the third quarter of Sunday's 19-16 overtime loss to the Washington Redskins. Young will be placed on injured reserve.

Rusty Smith replaced Young in the game, and Fisher said after the contest the rookie would be the starter against Houston on Sunday.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Vince Young out for Seson

A perfect opponent for Rusty to make his 1st ever NFL start against, the Texans have the worst pass D in the entire league!

Go Rusty, play smart and get the ball to Randy A LOT. Can't wait to see all the highlights of Smith to Moss completions and TD's! Send a message to Bud Adams that he needs to release the POS that is Vince Young and look at his present and future qb!

Texas beat the Owls on Sat. but the Owls alumni evened the score on Sunday. But just like Sat., Texas shows no class!

Go Owl's!
Back to the top

Vince Young out for Season

As I did when he was in minicamp, camp, and pre-season--- I am going to hold my breath, and cheer my heart out.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher/63ac587f-b731-4fb3-bb5c-2a20a00ba0c9

Fisher Press confrence.

Check out around the 8:15 mark.

"Im excited for Rusty, Rusty knows what to do, Rusty knows the offense, he'll have some growing pains, but he was here at 7:00 am this morning"

;D ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

AND Rusty will also have some familiar company on the sidelines, since the Titans are going back to the well and bringing in Chris Simms…….

As Rusty's back up ;)

Nice the way things work out some times in life.

Back to the top

Rick said

Nice the way things work out some times in life.

Hopefully he has a great game! I mean, he's going to have a few shaky games but this will be a fantastic experience for him.
Back to the top

Re: Vince Young out for Season

Big week to be an Owl!

Also wanted to add, check out one of the threads on goforum at gotitans.com. They are having a little fun over there, reminds me of when Rusty was a sophomore and some of GhostofBuchannon's posts. Love the unofficial nickname.

Back to the top

I hate go titans. It comes off to me as a very rough board.

I signed up for and have been posting on titanscentral.net

Much nice group IMHO, but they have a few look a like threads as well.

;D

Back to the top

Yes, they do seem like a rough group, but the "monniker" made me laugh and think of Ghost's photoshop and the quote "I can through the ball clear over that stadium…"  or something to that effect. LOL

Just checked their board, hey Owl Family they're asking you for all the details, so go to it my friend!

Ooops I guess you did, I didn't scroll over.  ;D

Back to the top

Front Page of the Jacksonville Paper…

Not the SPORTS front page, the REAL FRONT page.

;D ;D ;D

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: