Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day Thread: FAU @ MTSU - 11/27/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

Add topic

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU @ MTSU - 11/27/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

proudowl said

I hate to say it, but I kind of felt this was coming

Exactly.  Everyone who knows college football knew we were going to struggle this year.  It is the expectations that are out of control.  We are not going to be good every year.  Period.  I want us to be good every year, but guess what, we will not be good every year.  No team will be good every year.  Do people think Urban Meyer is washed up now?

Here is my quote from March of 2010:

Responding to the fact that the coaching staff was not concerned about the O-Line…
Word is that the coaching staff is "not concerned"…

But I know you are smart enough to NOT buy in to this spin.  They cannot come out and say this is a problem.

I will.  This is a major major problem.

We will have the least experienced OL in the country.  I don't care what conference you are in, that fact does not add up to many wins…so being a sunbelt team AND having the least experienced OL has me feeling the worst I have felt going into the season since our inception.

I am extremely disappointed that we have allowed our entire OL to need to be replaced in one year.  It's not just losing Ryan, it's losing the entire line.  We are NOT a BCS team, we cannot replace that as easily.  It takes time (sometimes years), to get the OL working as a unit.

This will be our most ignored and understated problem this year as I have been stating even before Ryan decided to not return.

I really wish that people that say we will go bowling in 2010 would actually have some kind of argument to give any credibility to their statement, but alas, that will not happen.
Back to the top

Re: Game Day Thread: FAU @ MTSU - 11/27/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

Game Day Thread: FAU @ MTSU - 11/27/10 @ 3:30 p.m.

I am no fair weather fan either, but I do not we should accept what we are seeing!

Bare minimum, the O should have improved through the year - we had  zero major injuries during the season - not actually have gotten worse - MUCH WORSE! As I said before, MTSU had an awful D this year and we struggle for 14 points and 200 yards.

And the O line besides having zero starts was very small too. With one of the best backs in the conference, we really ran the ball well today did'nt we? When MTSU started blitzing, how diod we react or adjust? As I said before, the O was worse this year than the d was bad last year. I know we will keep Howard - so he has to pull the trigger and replace the OC and O-line coach to improve this team. And as others have questioned before, why for the life of me is a wr coaching the qb and a qb coaching the wr's??????????????????

I gotta say this, the D improved, even with one of the worst O's in the country and that is hard to do! Coach replaced the D coordinator last year - that helped - now replace the OC. For whatever we think of Cristobal at FIU, he is not afraid to try and upgrade his co-ordinators and it worked very well this year. Beter recruiting and improved coaching has then Belt champions and going to a bowl while we are home watching them. If they get any Bowl boost in recruiting, this will be the last year we beat them in a long while, sorry to say but true!
Back to the top
Control functions: