Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Miami Fires Football Coach Randy Shannon . . .

Add topic

Miami fired coach Randy Shannon on Saturday night, hours after the Hurricanes . . .

Miami fires coach Randy Shannon - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Back to the top

Re: Miami Fires Football Coach Randy Shannon . . .

Miami Fires Football Coach Randy Shannon . . .

Yeah, 28-22 ain't gonna get it done at the U…….
Back to the top

Horrible decision.  Miami will never get back to the level they were in the early 2000's.  Other programs recruit the Lake Okechobee region and South Florida in general too hard for them to get back to the top.  Also, they dont have good facilities when comparing to the other schools that recruit those kids.

I'd give anything for FAU to offer the D-Coordinator position to Shannon with a promise to be out next head coach when Howard retires.  The guy runs a clean program and can recruit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Article out today says they are looking for someone who has a little bit of the following individuals in them:

Howard Schnellenberger
Jimmy Johnson
Dennis Erikson
Larry Coker

Yea, good luck with that!

Although the rumored first choice in John Gruden wouldn't be a bad place to start…

'Canes looking for perfect fit with new coach
Back to the top

And back in the day there was no USF, UCF, FAU and FIU to deal with either… and that is just the new Florida football programs.

Lot's of the "yankee" schools seem to have full time recruiters down here too - even weak ass teams like Iowa State - we at FAU wish we got the Florida recruits they sign. And Rutgers just rapes the state!
Back to the top
Control functions: