Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Drop Third Straight

Add topic

Season low point total highlights 66-51 fall to George Mason

In the midst of a tough road swing, Florida Atlantic dropped its third straight today in a 66-51 loss to George Mason at the Patriot Center.

The point total was the lowest tallied by the Owls so far on the young season, as Florida Atlantic (3-4) shot a balmy 4-of-17 from long range.

Knotted up in a 7-7 tie, FAU hung close early on but soon went cold thereafter. A Greg Gantt three broke a 3:30 scoring drought for the Owls and trimmed a double digit Patriots margin to 17-10.

“We were never in the game”, said coach Mike Jarvis. “We never made them work, and they had a good time out there today.”

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Owls Drop Third Straight

I agree with Jarvis, we were never in this game.  This 15 point loss was much worse than the Gator 13 point loss.  We never contended in this game.  No second chances on the O boards.  Didn't hit shots.  Couldn't compare to Mason's D or O.  Just flat out got outplayed from start to finish.  It happens.  Need to regroup and get better.  I like our chances against USF IF we play up to our ability.
Back to the top

I don't know as much about basketball and the teams we are playing (I know we game UF a run for the money), but is it just me or are we not living up to the hype of how good this team is suppose to be?  OR are we about right were we should be during OOC play?

Back to the top

Owls Drop Third Straight

Yes and no, IMO.

We aren't shooting 3's as well as we should be, that's for sure…

And you still have "adjustments" working themselves out as well - see Ray Taylor for example.
Back to the top

Rick said

Yes and no, IMO.

We aren't shooting 3's as well as we should be, that's for sure…

And you still have "adjustments" working themselves out as well - see Ray Taylor for example.

Agreed.  If we can develop some consistency, we will be fine.  I watched both the UF and GM games and it was night and day.  Both losses, but the team that played UF can be a factor in the SunBelt.  The team that played GM will not.

We know they have the capability.  Just need to work on the "adjustments" as you stated.

As far as "the hype" goes (from previous poster).  This will be the best Owls team talent-wise to take the court.  Keep the hype to a minimum because we have never been that great of a team.  So while we are headed in the right direction, nothing should be construed that we are a great team at this point.  But I like where Jarvis is headed.
Back to the top

They should fire Jarvis and Howard!  ::)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

They should fire Jarvis and Howard!   ::)

;D ;D Right on! Get Coach K in here for $175k per year.  I bet Urban Meyer would be happy to coach at FAU for $375k.  :D
Back to the top

:D
Back to the top
Control functions: