Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The MAC?

I will start out by saying my nephew was an 1st all-conference center at Miami-Ohio but in my opinion, the MAC really sucks. Watching this game tonight between Temple and Mia. - supposedly two of their best teams this year - not very good football!
Back to the top

Re: The MAC?

Second.
Back to the top

The MAC?

But look at Northern Ill. They are 10-2 and are Ranked Number 24 in the BCS and AP poll.

Theres a good chance Either Troy or FIU will be playing them. They beat Eastern Michigan last week 71-3. It could get ugly…
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

But look at Northern Ill. They are 10-2 and are Ranked Number 24 in the BCS and AP poll.

Theres a good chance Either Troy or FIU will be playing them. They beat Eastern Michigan last week 71-3. It could get ugly…

Northern Illinois is a good ball club. Coach Kill can flat out coach and recruit. I was at Southern Illinois when he was coaching there and he turned the Salukis from a doormat into a perennial powerhouse at the FCS level in a matter of years. Expect Northern Illinois to be good for years to come.

Also, UCF said the MAC wasn't very good when they joined for a few years. All that happened is that UCF got handled week in and week out.

Don't sleep on the MAC.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Comparing it to the Sun Belt, the conferences have only matched-up against each other twice this season and split the games.

Troy beat Bowling Green 30-27 at home, and Ohio knocked off Louisiana 38-31 up north.

Ohio finished 8-4 (6-2) and Bowling Green went 2-10 (1-7) while Troy is 6-5 (5-2) and Louisiana is 3-9 (3-5).

Agree it isn’t the best football to watch, but the bowl games could decide which conference is better this year.
Back to the top

The SBC isnt as good this year as it was last year. I know my Trojans arnt. At this point last season Troy was 8-3 (Eventually went on to become 9-4)and should have beaten #25 Central Michigan, MTSU was also 8-3 (eventually went on to become 10-3), ULL was 6-6, ULM was 6-6

This year Troy is 6-5, and FIU is also 6-5, Only way we have 3 bowl eligible teams is if MTSU beats FIU, which would put the Conference champ at 6-6 and MTSU at 6-6.
Back to the top

Its defintely a down year for the Belt.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Down year for the Belt yet how many teams a markedly better and faster than Temple or Miami - Ohio, the Owl's included.
And actually Ohio is also one of the top teams in the MAC this year and L-Layfayette hung right with them!
The MAC has 13 teams and a minimum of six (6) of them are VERY weak. I mean look at Western Michigan, a 6-6 team that is bowl eligible - wins over - Nicholls St., Ball St., Akron, Eastern Michigan, Kent State and Bowling Green. Wow, not even close to winning record among them!
Back to the top

No doubt that last year the SBC was heads and shoulders above the MAC, #25 Central Michigan would not have beaten TROY if it wasnt for a kick off return for a touchdown with 5mins left in the game. MTSU was very strong as well last season they would have also givin Central Michigan all they could handle. This year is a little more even, But with them having a standout team like Northern Ill this year they might have a small advantage over the SBC since we dont really have a stand out team this year.
Back to the top

Boy, did'nt Ohio represent the MAC well last night vs. Troy. Ouch!

So far the Belt is 1-0 in our 3 games vs. the MAC with the MAC teams being about what I felt, slow!
Back to the top
Control functions: