Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roberts resigns at Arky St. - Bustle fired at L-L

Coach Roberts resigned at Arkansas State today. And Coach Bustle fired at Louisiana Lafayette.

That makes three changes already. Lot's  of coaching changes in the Belt this year!
Back to the top

Arkansas State's Steve Roberts "Resigns"

"I am certainly proud of a lot of positive things that have occurred over the last nine years. From a competitive and academic standpoint to the retention of kids and the development of relationships, we made tremendous strides in a lot of areas that I'm very proud of", Roberts said.

"We set major attendance records, had some big wins and some disappointing losses. Obviously, we did some great things academically. We've had a lot of kids that have come through our program who are going to be extremely successful because of their participation in football at Arkansas State."

ASU’s Roberts Resigns as Head Football Coach
Back to the top

Re: Roberts resigns at Arky St. - Bustle fired at L-L

GA Owl,

Sorry for the dupe post…didn't catch yours!

Merged the two…….

- Rick
Back to the top

Roberts resigns at Arky St. - Bustle fired at L-L

From The Daily Advertiser:

The weekly Sun Belt Conference football teleconference took on a somber tone at times Monday as some of the league's head coaches reflected on the decision by UL to fire Rickey Bustle.

"It is a sad time when somebody leaves a school not under their own wishes," Schnellenberger said. "I wish him well, and I'm sure everything is going to turn out fine for him. I look forward to a continued relationship (with him)."

Full Story
Back to the top

Not a problem Rick!
Back to the top

Arkansas State promotes offensive coordinator, Hugh Freeze to lead the Red Wolves.

From ESPN
Freeze, who was the school's offensive coordinator this season, replaces Steve Roberts, who was fired after the team went 4-8. Arkansas State is a member of the Sun Belt Conference. Full Story
Back to the top
Control functions: