Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking to 2011

WHAT WE KNOW:
2010 was a "rebuilding year" for FAU: starting a whole new offense and developing a horrible defense.

FAU will finish the year under the .500 mark and say goodbye to 7 defensive & 4 Offensive starters:
DL Dino Cox and Daniel Joseph; LBs Michael Lockley and Malik Eugene: and DBs Ed Alexander, Tarvoris Hill and Tavious Polo; QB Jeff Van Camp, WRs Lester Jean and Avery Holley and TE Rob Housler.

FAU also says a special goodbye to Ross "Extra Point Butcher" Gornall!

THE UNKNOWN:

Who will start at QB: Kooi, Wilbert, Curtis, Bracewell?

Will our young O-line mature?

Losing several defensive leaders, who will emerge to continue the progress the D made this season?

Will kicker Vinny Zaccario play leaps and bounds better than Gornall "The Terrible"?

Back to the top

Re: Looking to 2011

The QB battle is going to be solid...the O-line should be leaps and bounds better. The D, well, that worries me.
Back to the top

the defense didn't do anything great for the year, they had some good games along the way. I'm very down on this team. i really don't see how its going to turn around. i'm not a fan of our qb's. our WR's have no depth, no tight end.

its going to be suspect year in 2011.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i'm not a fan of our qb's. our WR's have no depth, no tight end.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. These two aren't starters and they both put up great #'s.

TE Darian Williams (6'3" 225 lbs.)
YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2009 14   214 15.3  49   2
2010 9   110 12.2 26   0

WR DeAndre Richardson ((6'2" 180 lbs.)
YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2010 10   97 9.7    18   0

All four QBs (Bracewell, Kooi, Wilbert, Curtis) are talented and have a shot at starting next year. This will generate a competitive battle for the #1 job, giving FAU the best QB possible.
Back to the top

Captain said

Exit39 said

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. These two aren't starters and they both put up great #'s.

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2009 14   214 15.3  49   2
2010 9   110 12.2 26   0

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2010 10   97 9.7    18   0

All four QBs (Bracewell, Kooi, Wilbert, Curtis) are talented and have a shot at starting next year. This will generate a competitive battle for the #1 job, giving FAU the best QB possible.

Dorvilus is in the mix at TE as well…he has been impressive at times.
Back to the top

Captain said

Exit39 said

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2009 14   214 15.3   49   2
2010 9    110 12.2 26   0

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2010 10   97 9.7     18    0

I wouldn’t say 10 catches is “great #'s”, but he did have two grabs last week at MTSU.

Dorvilus has always been a productive pass-catcher in practice and grabbed a start in the Texas game.

Another guy to watch out for a wide receiver is freshman Marcus Cunningham. He redshirted this season, but Coach Allen raved about how impressive he was in fall camp.

The thing that really worries me is the secondary? Who will replace Ed Alexander and step in and make a difference? I think it could be freshman Cortez Ash.
Back to the top

those aren't starter numbers. its average at best.

i don't like this team for the foreseeable future, i just don't see any playmakers besides morris.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

those aren't starter numbers. its average at best.

That's cause both of those guys haven't started a single game. Williams was used as a backup TE, and Richardson was the 3rd wideout on the team, and freshman to boot. Both guys saw little time on the field this season, cause Housler, Jean and Avery got a majority of the time.

Both of these guys will put up impressive number as starters next season.
Back to the top

We take a hit in losing Jean, no doubt, but Richardson has shown he's much better than Holley this season already and he's got the size we need. He'll be our go-to next year.

We've got plenty of depth at TE, and lets be honest, it's not like Housler made much of a case to get drafted this year, even though he's improved as the year went on.

JVC was not as good as we had hoped, he made bad decisions, something that a SR QB should not do. My money is on Steven Curtis next year, he's a stud. Hopefully we end up with another Rusty situation, a redshirt fr qb that gets to play for us for a number of years.

Morris is back to run the ball, along with what seems to be 15 other backs. Stinson is back for his 10th year on the team!  :D

We have a lot of LBs in the mix as well, that's not a position I'm too stressed about.

Our DBs is the biggest loss this year, some guys will have to step up…Reaser, Harstead, Ash

O Line has to get much better, they're not good right now, perhaps we could find some D linemen that can get in the backfield as well, that'd be nice.

The thing that really concerns me about next year is the fact that we have to open our stadium at 0-3 or 0-4, that sucks.
Back to the top

Looking to 2011

Good point Team…doesn't have the most appetizing "ring" to it…….

ATTENTION ALL OWL FANS:

Be a part of History as Florida Atlantic (0-4) opens FAU Stadium at Schnellenberger Field this Saturday, October 15th, 2011 against Louisiana-Monroe.

Of course the opponent is unknown, but we likely will be up against a conference member.
Back to the top
Control functions: