Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans Could Start Collins Sunday

The 16th-year pro's status this week will be day-to-day. Fisher also said Smith will start again if Collins isn't ready. Fisher ruled out Chris Simms as the starter.

"He pushed through some things well before the pregame warm-ups and felt good, felt like he could finish the game if need be."

Collins Day to Day for Sunday
Back to the top

Re: Titans Could Start Collins Sunday

I still see Rusty getting some plays in Sunday, whether or not he starts.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Titans Could Start Collins Sunday

Has anyone heard any updates yet regarding Rusty starting on Sunday?
Back to the top

Wow, so Rusty basically gets the blame for the team quitting on the Coaches. They sure did not "up" their game to help the rookie qb!

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Wow, so Rusty basically gets the blame for the team quitting on the Coaches. They sure did not "up" their game to help the rookie qb!

No, Fisher had this to say on the team performance…

“Anytime you start a rookie, in his first start, first game, you talk all week about the importance of everyone picking their game up.  We have to get the little things right.  We have to help him.  We have to get the little catches and those kinds of things.  We had our hands on some balls early but we couldn’t keep the drive alive.  Then, we hurt ourselves with penalties.  Some penalties and false start penalties are related to a first start quarterback.  He’s trying to check on players and get in and out of things.  He made some good throws.  Obviously we didn’t play well enough to win the game.  We had a couple balls we’d like to have back.  Everybody has to help.  Our defense can walk away saying they played really hard until the end.  They played a really talented, potent offense.  Kept them to 20 points.  In a game like that you need a turnover, you need a defensive score, you’ve got to really play well and things didn’t go well for us today.”
Back to the top

Status is still up in the air: Collins addresses his status for Sunday | Titans Insider

Even though nothing definitive was said; I believe Collins will start on Sunday. The Titans just don't want the Jags to know which QB to prepare for. Though the Titans should give Rusty one last chance to prove himself, before letting Collins take over the #1 spot.

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I want Rusty to have another shot but if the team truly has quit on the coaches we would just see more of what we saw last week and I dont want that
Back to the top

Jim Wyatt just tweeted:

"QB Kerry Collins practiced on Wednesday and signs look good for him to return Sunday."
Back to the top

Rick said

Jim Wyatt just tweeted:

"QB Kerry Collins practiced on Wednesday and signs look good for him to return Sunday."

If KC is ready to play he should start ahead of Rusty… no disrespect to Rusty, but KC was the starter at the start of the season before the injury.  IMO, I think they should put Rusty in for a few series, nothing better for his development then to throw him back out there after a tough outing.
Back to the top

QBs aren't typically ready to play in the NFL until after year 2, so it's nothing against Rusty, but he's not ready, he was thrown into the situation…Collins should start
Back to the top
Control functions: