Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN - FAU vs. TROY

The end of the season is rapidly approaching. The SBC season comes to a close and the race to the BCS National Championship Game will be decided this weekend. Here are my Fearless Predictions.

12/04 Florida International vs. Middle Tennessee

The Panthers of FIU look to notch their first winning season, first SBC title, and first bowl appearance in the program's history. At 6-5 with a 6-1 SBC record the Panthers are in the drivers seat in the SBC. They will close out the season with a conference title and it looks like coach Mario Cristobal will continue to guide the Panthers. MTSU looks to finish strong, improve to 6-6, and get some attention by bowl selection committees. FIU has won 6 of 7 while MTSU has only won 3 in as many games. However, MTSU comes off a strong showing against FAU and the Blue Raiders are looking to salvage a season that has been marred by off the field issues and inconsistent play. With a conference title and bowl appearance secured FIU could have a let down this game. However, I think they close strong against visiting MTSU.

Fearless Prediction:
Florida International 31
Middle Tennessee 27

12/04 Florida Atlantic vs. Troy

FAU has struggled this season and the Owls desperately want to end on a positive note. Troy can finish at 7-5 with a win over FAU. The Trojans have demonstrated strong play on offense, but the Trojan defense has been inconsistent. Expect FAU to go for broke on offense as they face the 100th ranked scoring defense in the country. FAU ranks 115th nationally in rushing with only 96 yards per game. The Owls need to get RB Alfred Morris going in order to slow down the Troy offense and open up the play action passing game for the FAU offense. My heart is with FAU in this one. However, I don't think the Owls have what it takes to upset Troy.

Fearless Prediction:
Troy 31
Florida Atlantic 20

Championship weekend picks include Florida State vs. Virginia Tech for the ACC title and Oklahoma vs. Nebraska for the BIG12 title. I like VT and Nebraska to get it done on Saturday.

Games with BCS Championship implications include Oregon @ Oregon State and Auburn vs. South Carolina. Oregon is white hot and they will outclass the Beavers in this one in order to win a trip to the BCS National Championship Game in January.

In what I can only explain as a desperate attempt to avoid having a non-BCS team (TCU) in the National Championship Game, the NCAA has reversed a decision to suspend Auburn QB Cameron Newton from the SEC Championship Game. Newton has been a one-man machine for Auburn and the Old Ball Coach Steve Spurrier will have to pull all of the tricks out of his hat to get his South Carolina Gamecocks past Auburn and into a BCS game. I like the coach's chances in this one. The South Carolina defense will come up big in a Fearless Prediction upset for the ages.

Sit back and enjoy as the season comes to a close.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN - FAU vs. TROY

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN - FAU vs. TROY

Call me crazy, but believe we will show up Saturday.

28-27 Owls
Back to the top

Rick said

Call me crazy, but believe we will show up Saturday.

28-27 Owls

You might be crazy  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We fire Howard tonight and a new coach miraculously leads us to a big victory

FAU 100

Troy 0

*With a new head coach.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

We can and we must take this one.
FAU 27
TROY24
CONGRATS TO LESTER JEAN AND MICHAEL LOCKLEY, for making Phill STEELE'S 2010 all sunbelt team, first team. Extending congrats to all second and third teamer's also. Sr.'s  go out into the world and work hard for what you get. May peace be with you all. Hey ,Team BEER, PHILL STEELE Knows TALENT. ;D
Back to the top

Think we will be playing with a lot of emotion Saturday, and the seniors will treat it as a bowl game, but don't think it will be enough.

Troy's offense is too efficent…

Trojans 34-17
Back to the top

42-10 troy…..MSU rolled over this team and Troy is much better team.

Back to the top

fyi…… we're a so close to be a one win team..

A blocked field goal to win the UAB game….Lucky as hell, should have lost it.
Beat Western Kentucky by 1….one of the worst teams in the country, probably the second worst after Akron.
Beat ULL after they decided to go for two instead of sending the game to overtime.
FIU decided to not show up…the only win of the year, which we got lucky because the defense showed up. any other game and we would've lost by only putting up 21 points.

What i'm tired of and why i haven't been on this board much this fall, is this team blows. its one of the five top worst teams in the country. I found it absurd when people are talking about going to a bowl game. This team could easily have no wins. The wins the team has had were soooooooooooo freaking lucky. And the losses? They got rolled every time. Its an awful team this year. Unless troy decides not to show up, the owls are going to get blown out.

Thu, Sep 2 at UAB W 32-31 –
  Sat, Sep 11 Michigan State L 17-30 –
  Sat, Sep 25 North Texas L 17-21 –
  Sat, Oct 2 at South Florida L 3-31 –
  Sat, Oct 9 at Louisiana-Monroe L 17-20 –
  Sat, Oct 23 at Arkansas State L 16-37 –
  Sat, Oct 30 FIU W 21-9 –
  Sat, Nov 6 at Western Kentucky W 17-16 –
  Sat, Nov 13 Louisiana-Lafayette W 24-23 –
  Sat, Nov 20 at Texas L 17-51 –
  Sat, Nov 27 at Middle Tennessee L 14-38 –
  Sat, Dec 4 Troy 2:00 pm
Back to the top

Van Camp scores 3 Td's tomorrow book it…unfortunately two of them are to the defense so FAU 14 Troy 35
Back to the top

owlmart said

Van Camp scores 3 Td's tomorrow book it…unfortunately two of them are to the defense so FAU 14 Troy 35

:D

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: