Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Smile... Its a New Era

As bad as it has been: the defense, the offense line, the fire howard posts, van camps inaccuracy, recruiting, ect…..  Next year marks the beginning of the next era of fau football! We had our run in d-aa, we won a few bowl games in our early run in division 1, and now with the stadium…. the next phase will begin. While next year will be tough (our true rebuilding year), at least we are losing plenty of these senoirs that have gave us crap football the past few years (van camp, polo, our linebackers, and the list goes on).

Owl Country…. today marks the end (of lockhart)… but to every end is a new beginning. (That quote is actually taken from my graduation at FAU).

Howard will guide us to bigger things now. Our attendance will rise. And our recruits will be better.

As you can see I am trying to be positive after Troy whooped our asses once again. But I truly believe it! Owl country… the future has arrived! Start planning your tailgates on FAU campus starting next year. For many great games and victories now await us in Boca Raton…. no longer shall we sit in the warehouse district of fort lauderdale.
Back to the top

Re: Smile... Its a New Era

To me it will only be the beginning of a new era at FAU if Howard retires gracefully and allows the program he gave birth to to grow up. He took us so far in the time he had, but that time is past. name the field for him - but we gotta move on.

Trend now is 7-6-5-4 what comes next guys? Don't ever forget that we won three of the four by 1 point and now lose our starting qb, wr's and te as well as 7 D starters next year. How many catches did next years wr's have today when we wre down 30 by the half???????????? And our line has a years experience but how many yards did we rush for today???????? Troy does not have a good D guys, nor did MTSU. The results and trend are AWFUL!
Back to the top

sirwgula said

As bad as it has been: the defense, the offense line, the fire howard posts, van camps inaccuracy, recruiting, ect…..  Next year marks the beginning of the next era of fau football! We had our run in d-aa, we won a few bowl games in our early run in division 1, and now with the stadium…. the next phase will begin. While next year will be tough (our true rebuilding year), at least we are losing plenty of these senoirs that have gave us crap football the past few years (van camp, polo, our linebackers, and the list goes on).

Owl Country…. today marks the end (of lockhart)… but to every end is a new beginning. (That quote is actually taken from my graduation at FAU).

Howard will guide us to bigger things now. Our attendance will rise. And our recruits will be better.

As you can see I am trying to be positive after Troy whooped our asses once again. But I truly believe it! Owl country… the future has arrived! Start planning your tailgates on FAU campus starting next year. For many great games and victories now await us in Boca Raton…. no longer shall we sit in the warehouse district of fort lauderdale.

Great post!!

We are going through some serious growing pains.  There are only 120 programs in America at this level so I am thankful we even have a program to have growing pains.

Where are all the gator fans that suffered through 85 years of mediocrity?  THEY ARE ALL DEAD!  I would have liked to have been born into a program that already went through the growing pains and could simply celebrate how great we are every year.  But life doesn't always work that way.

We have a program that is in the middle of severe growing pains.  We will win again and we will fire coaches and we will have horrible seasons again.  BUT, we get to be a part of helping to move this program forward.  We can whine if we want.  Or we can contribute to the program and be a part of the future and the solution.

This was a painful, horrible year of football for all of us.  Next year I will be there in the new stadium giving thanks that we have one.

And when I die, I hope I have done something to help this program move forward and develop for years to come.

Whining and complaining is such an easy way out.  I hope some will take the difficult road and try and make a difference for this university.

It's great to be an FAU Owl!
Back to the top

OMG I am so tired of this happy go lucky new era new stadium posts and how everything just be all right ………no it wont we blow he have terrible team that has made the same mistakes for the last 3 years we have a coach who has no idea whats going on. Our recruiting blows and don't say well we have the stadium coming it will change hello  the stadium opens next year and we still only have one commit. Face facts the stadium will suck when we are 2-6 at some point next year
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

OMG I am so tired of this happy go lucky new era new stadium posts and how everything just be all right ………no it wont we blow he have terrible team that has made the same mistakes for the last 3 years we have a coach who has no idea whats going on. Our recruiting blows and don't say well we have the stadium coming it will change hello  the stadium opens next year and we still only have one commit. Face facts the stadium will suck when we are 2-6 at some point next year

That's why this is a great country.  You can support the program as you choose or not choose to support the program.  I stated this was a painful and horrible year.  We absolutely stunk the place up.  Some of us will be selfish and say things like: I am not donating another dime (which is what most donate any way) until we win.  Some will say: we stink, I need to donate twice as much because what I am donating is not enough.

If you do not want to read my positive posts, I will not be hurt.  It only motivates me to try and help overcome some of the problems associated with this young program, and that is fans not having an idea what it takes and expecting everything for free.  I do not hold it against you if you do not understand the business of business.  Money talks and BS walks…

No one hands a successful program to anyone.  You have to pay for it at some point.  And the growing pains are due to not having enough donating alumni.  Bottom line.  It doesn't make the alumni bad, it just takes time to develop.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

That's why this is a great country.  You can support the program as you choose or not choose to support the program.  I stated this was a painful and horrible year.  We absolutely stunk the place up.  Some of us will be selfish and say things like: I am not donating another dime (which is what most donate any way) until we win.  Some will say: we stink, I need to donate twice as much because what I am donating is not enough.

If you do not want to read my positive posts, I will not be hurt.  It only motivates me to try and help overcome some of the problems associated with this young program, and that is fans not having an idea what it takes and expecting everything for free.  I do not hold it against you if you do not understand the business of business.  Money talks and BS walks…

No one hands a successful program to anyone.  You have to pay for it at some point.  And the growing pains are due to not having enough donating alumni.  Bottom line.  It doesn't make the alumni bad, it just takes time to develop.

I am student so I plan on donating when the time is right for me you have to remember in any major program for every 1 fan that dose donate there are 1000 that do not so do not act your word means more because you throw a few bucks around. Also do not say i do not understand the business of business because i am starting to think you do not understand college football  because you fail to realize that these ''growing pains'' will last for years if we let the old man stick around any longer.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

remember in any major program for every 1 fan that dose donate there are 1000 that do not so do not act your word means more because you throw a few bucks around.

See you are almost there…

Just because I throw a few bucks around means absolutely nothing…exactly…we need more donors.  What I give is garbage compared to what we need.  This is the point!!!

This is what I am talking about making a difference.  You are a student, you can't give money…I understand that.  What can you do to make this program better other than just campaigning for a new coach?  That is so simple to campaign against coach.  Can you help the university with fundraising?  Can you donate some time in the ticket office?  Can you create a marketing plan to use to go out and attract a new coach?  Can you get students to go to any sporting events?

How can you impact your university in a positive way?  That's all I am saying.  It doesn't matter how much you can give.  it does matter whether you choose to do anything or not.

Complaining is the only solution for those that have no solution.

Recruit better.  Get a new coach.  You do not have to be an expert at college football to make those declarations IMO.

Back to the top

Howard will coach this team next year and not just because letting him coach in the new stadium is the right thing to do.  Coach is under contract for a pretty significant amount of money (especially by FAU standards) next year.  In case you haven't noticed, our athletic department isn't exactly flush with cash right now.  Do you honestly think we can afford to pay two head coaches next season?  We don't have the deep pocket donors that some schools do that are willing to pay for a coaching change…and the donors we do have, I'm guessing are pretty darn loyal to the guy in charge.  Then there's the little matter of being able to pay enough money to attract quality candidates…which we couldn't do while also paying Howard.  So while you may think we need to make a move, think realistically. It's a lot easier…for many reasons…to give Coach next year to coach in the new stadium and see if he can turn things around.  If not, we'll be in a much better position a year from now to attract head coaching candidates.

Back to the top

Hey guys sorry about how your season ended. I was really pulling for you guys to make a bowl. Even though you lost it was still nice to finally get a chance to watch the old fightin Owls on ESPN. Even though your season ended on a sour note don't let it get you down for next year. Opening a stadium will completely change the mentality of your players. In 2006 UCF went 4-8 and I think one of those wins was against South Dakota School of Type Writing (Go InkBlots!) so to say those wins were pathetic would be an understatement. The next year UCF went 10-4, won the conference and nearly upset Texas. So remember, HS will get the job done. No matter how old he gets that man knows how to coach and be sure to watch the stadium webcam everyday because you only get one chance to watch your stadium being built.

Cheers 
Back to the top

Smile... Its a New Era

blackandgoldknight said

Hey guys sorry about how your season ended. I was really pulling for you guys to make a bowl. Even though you lost it was still nice to finally get a chance to watch the old fightin Owls on ESPN. Even though your season ended on a sour note don't let it get you down for next year. Opening a stadium will completely change the mentality of your players. In 2006 UCF went 4-8 and I think one of those wins was against South Dakota School of Type Writing (Go InkBlots!) so to say those wins were pathetic would be an understatement. The next year UCF went 10-4, won the conference and nearly upset Texas. So remember, HS will get the job done. No matter how old he gets that man knows how to coach and be sure to watch the stadium webcam everyday because you only get one chance to watch your stadium being built.

Cheers

Thanks for the perspective from someone that has dealt with growing pains.  If it were easy, we would all be National Champs.  Congrats on your season!
Back to the top
Control functions: