Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alex DeLeon TE

With the graduation of Housler how do u think the TE"s will fare next year will redshirt freshmen Alex Deleon get into the mix
Back to the top

Re: Alex DeLeon TE

I hope so.

A TE is SO critical to this offenses succes. I thought we really didnt look to Housler enough this year (even with him being prone to drops) im not sure if he was double covered or what.

We need that position.

Hope Alex works out hard this offseason and works on his hands. We need someone who can catch the ball 5-10 out and take the hit thats coming for this O to work.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

He'll likely be third string entering Spring camp…but would expect some competition amongst all of them as no one is a CLEAR cut favorite it would seem.

Williams, Dorvilus, DeLeon…

Back to the top

Alex DeLeon TE

I gotta say that I REALLY hope there are no favorites going into spring camp.

With the performance of this team EVERY starting job should be open. I cant think of ONE player that should be a guranteed starter with the exception of Alfred Morris who still put up over 900 yards behind a raw Oline.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I've met Alex, and he seems like a great kid, but he's going to need to bulk up a bit. It's to be expected of a 19yr old though.

I'm glad Da Williams and Nexon got some reps this year..I'm really hoping that Darian turns out to be the stud that Howard says he can be.

Also, if you're going to start threads about your family member, just to get the board talking about them, pick a more ambiguous screen name  ;)
Back to the top

m_deleon84 said

With the graduation of Housler how do u think the TE"s will fare next year will redshirt freshmen Alex Deleon get into the mix

Sure. But will he start right away? Probably not, just as a matter of game experience. But with injuries and drops, who knows what will happen?

As people have said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams at 1 and DeLeon and Dorvilus battling it out for #2. TEs in our system seem to be best at getting open over the middle for 5-10 yards. Most of my TE memories are from this play alone.
Back to the top

Another area in which our coaches do not adapt "their game" is in this area. If the wr's are not cutting it, play all three te's at once. Maybe not as much speed but the size mis-matches at cb would be incredible, and especially in mid-yard age situations to get those important 1st downs - and in red zone and goal line too!

Oops…did I imply our should coaches "adapt" to the game, meaning player availability, ability, game situation, opponent…sorry my bad!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Another area in which our coaches do not adapt "their game" is in this area. If the wr's are not cutting it, play all three te's at once. Maybe not as much speed but the size mis-matches at cb would be incredible, and especially in mid-yard age situations to get those important 1st downs - and in red zone and goal line too!

Oops…did I imply our should coaches "adapt" to the game, meaning player availability, ability, game situation, opponent…sorry my bad!

You should put together a "coaching for dummies" video for Howard to watch.  Maybe you could teach him what the pro-style offense is.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I gotta say that I REALLY hope there are no favorites going into spring camp.

With the performance of this team EVERY starting job should be open. I cant think of ONE player that should be a guranteed starter with the exception of Alfred Morris who still put up over 900 yards behind a raw Oline.

i agree 100% and if a younger guy is better then let him see the field cause its all about W's
Back to the top
Control functions: