Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Canales....

Once Howard steps down (probably after next year) I think this should be the guy that FAU should go after.

Hes currently the OC at UNT and got passed over for the Head Coach job there despite rallying that team to some wins.

He has passion and ties to Florida for recuriting having been at USF I believe.

Check out this video after UNT beat WKU.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205021943&DB_OEM_ID=1800

The kids respond to him and he really seems to get them pumped up.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Canales....

I respect your post…but I'll pass on anyone affiliated with UNT. Not a winner! I want someone here that knows how to WIN!
Back to the top

Canales....

No thanks.  This job will attract plenty of qualified coaches…not just people that were recently passed over at UNT. 
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

I respect your post…but I'll pass on anyone affiliated with UNT. Not a winner! I want someone here that knows how to WIN!

He was just brought in this year as the OC and after he took over for the fired Dodge I believe he went 2 and 2 for UNT.

I believe the USF folks were very sad to see him go and he did a great job getting UNT up for the games he was the Interim HC.

Not fair to associate him with all the losing seasons that UNT had.

Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

Second.

Wait, fauowls44 had that!

Third…
Back to the top

Wow,

Not sure why you guys think were going to be able to get a big name coach that will come in for 300K+.

Were gonna have to hire an OC that show promise from the non-AQ ranks unless someone has a sugard daddy or 2 that is going to fund what it takes to get a higher end AQ Coordinator.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Wow,

Not sure why you guys think were going to be able to get a big name coach that will come in for 300K+.

Were gonna have to hire an OC that show promise from the non-AQ ranks unless someone has a sugard daddy or 2 that is going to fund what it takes to get a higher end AQ Coordinator.

Obviously the hope is that with the new stadium and (hopefuly) increased revenue and donations associated with it, we'll be able to offer a more competitive salary when hiring the next coach.  I'm not saying we shouldn't interview Canales…just that there are going to be other, more experienced candidates when this job is open.
Back to the top

A name no one has mentioned. What about Gary Nord? Our offense hasn't been the same since he left. He knows the playbook, he's been a HC before

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

A name no one has mentioned. What about Gary Nord? Our offense hasn't been the same since he left. He knows the playbook, he's been a HC before

I would think Nord would be a distinct possibility seeing how Coach Schnellenberger is likely to have a major say in who replaces him.  That said, while i haven't followed Purdue at all, their offense was dead last in the Big 10 this season.  So maybe Nord will be available sooner then later….
Back to the top

Gary Nord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gary Nord (born June 12, 1957 in Louisville, Kentucky) is an American football coach, currently serving as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Purdue Boilermakers college football team. He was named to the position on December 1, 2008.[1]

Nord spent four years as head coach at UTEP, compiling a 14-34 record before being dismissed after the 2003 season.

Not exactly a great job as a Head Coach out there tin EL Paso.

Back to the top
Control functions: