Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

93 Rock (93.1) changes format

Add topic

Not sure what it will change too, but as of right now its 24/7 christmas music and they say they will have a new format by Jan. 1st

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Rock-is-Dead-in-SoFla-110282619.html

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: 93 Rock (93.1) changes format

Good, they suck..they've sucked since they stopped playing classical music years ago,lol
Back to the top

I remember years ago, I'm talking like 10 years ago, they used to be a dance station like all techno music. Obviously that didn't last long

Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Good, they suck..they've sucked since they stopped playing classical music years ago,lol

You must be a paul and young ron fan  ::)
Back to the top

Aqualung said

FAUfasho said

You must be a paul and young ron fan   ::)

In fact I am a Paul and Young Ron fan. They guy from 93.1 is awful. I've tried listening to his show but he's one of the dumbest radio hosts I've ever heard. I'd almost rathet listen to Ryan Sechrist!

And Jab, they started playing techo right after they stopped playing classical. I
Back to the top

93 Rock (93.1) changes format

FAUfasho said

Aqualung said

FAUfasho said

You must be a paul and young ron fan   ::)

In fact I am a Paul and Young Ron fan. They guy from 93.1 is awful. I've tried listening to his show but he's one of the dumbest radio hosts I've ever heard. I'd almost rathet listen to Ryan Sechrist!

And Jab, they started playing techo right after they stopped playing classical. I

I don't mind Paul and Ron but I used to listen to Bubba all the time. I thought he was hysterical. I know he's not for everyone. I switch around a lot. Sometimes I'll listen to Y-100. Growing up in NY the Y morning show now was I listened to for years and years as a kid on Z-100. Elvis Duran and the Z Morning Zoo

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I remember years ago, I'm talking like 10 years ago, they used to be a dance station like all techno music. Obviously that didn't last long

I actually used to tune into that from time to time, especially when I was driving home at like 1 in the morning. Problem with electronic music - and I like electronic music - is that the songs are so long and often don't have vocals, so it's difficult for listeners to use the radio to find good songs. I remember listening to one stretch for about 45 minutes and it was just one song after another with no song tags.

When it switched to rock I understood. The Buzz seemed to be doing well, so why not?
Back to the top

The Buzz is still going strong but I guess Alternative rock stations jist don't do well.

You can hear things like Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit on the Gater (98.7). I guess that's "classic rock" now

Back to the top

Jab979 said

The Buzz is still going strong but I guess Alternative rock stations jist don't do well.

You can hear things like Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit on the Gater (98.7). I guess that's "classic rock" now

Haha, well the song is almost 20 years old.  :'(

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah, I remember when they started playing GNR and Metallica on the classic rock stations, it definetly put things into perspective for me.

I know that there is all kinds of corporate rules and other crap, but as a listener I could never figure out why any radio station could not just let either the listeners or the DJ's just pick and play music.  Everyone can agree that no matter what station it is, if you listen to it for a while (Say working outside in the yard or something), you will hear the same playlist repeated throughout the day.  Thats the problem.  When I lived down there, I loved listening to the rock/reggae/punk portions of that 88.5 station.  They played great music, a lot of stuff I never heard before, and it was always different.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: