Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What should FAU's goals be for the next 5 years??

There has been lots of discussion on this board about the direction that FAU is headed. This discussion has included coaching changes, a change in conference, and the stadium.

If you could make the map for the future of FAU football over the course of the next 5 years, what would be some realistic goals??

Here are mine:

1. Increase funding
  2. Improve recruiting
  3. Finish no lower than 2nd in the SBC
  4. Beat a top 25 team
  5. Move to a better conference (following success in the SBC)
  6. Significantly increase attendance

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: What should FAU's goals be for the next 5 years??

owlfan1 said

1. Increase funding
  2. Improve recruiting
  4. Beat a top 25 team

I think my goals would be similar, but priorities would be

1. Dominate the conference.  (we'd be an embarrassment going anywhere else conference wise until we can do this)
  2. Beat a top 25 team.

I think if we could manage these two goals, everything else will fall into place.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

owlfan1 said

1. Increase funding
  2. Improve recruiting
  4. Beat a top 25 team

1. Dominate the conference.  (we'd be an embarrassment going anywhere else conference wise until we can do this)
  2. Beat a top 25 team.

I think if we could manage these two goals, everything else will fall into place.

I actually thought that if funding and recruiting improved conference success and beating a top 25 team would fall into place.

It is the old chicken or the egg situation.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

What should FAU's goals be for the next 5 years??

duder said

owlfan1 said

1. Increase funding
  2. Improve recruiting
  4. Beat a top 25 team

2. Beat a top 25 team.

I agree with Duder's order as well, I'd just add the new coach for 2012 (Yes, HS deserves 2011 in the new stadium!)
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I actually thought that if funding and recruiting improved conference success and beating a top 25 team would fall into place.

GO OWLS!!!

Not Necessarily, look at texas, all the money in the world and always on top in recruiting… look were they are sitting this bowl season…. HOME as well.
Back to the top

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Not Necessarily, look at texas, all the money in the world and always on top in recruiting… look were they are sitting this bowl season…. HOME as well.

Yep, there is no guarantees in college football.  Texas has EVERYTHING you can imagine…facilities, tradition, coaching, fans, etc.  and they are not good this year.  There are always ups and downs you just have to learn how to handle them.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Look at what Texas has done the last decade. You are going to judge them on one year??

Also Texas and FAU are apples and oranges.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Look at what Texas has done the last decade. You are going to judge them on one year??

GO OWLS!!!

Look at what FAU has done in the last decade…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

I'm not comparing FAU to Texas, nor am I judging them because of one bad year, I am just pointing out the falsity in your statement…

"I actually thought that if funding and recruiting improved, conference success and beating a top 25 team would fall into place."

just because you have funding and recruiting, it does not equal success… that is all I am saying.

And because of that, is  why I agree with the goals Duder listed should be on top.
Back to the top

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

NCowl said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

I'm not comparing FAU to Texas, nor am I judging them because of one bad year, I am just pointing out the falsity in your statement…

"I actually thought that if funding and recruiting improved, conference success and beating a top 25 team would fall into place."

just because you have funding and recruiting, it does not equal success… that is all I am saying.

And because of that, is  why I agree with the goals Duder listed should be on top.

No, funding and recruiting don't necessarily equal success. Notre Dame has proven that.

Many on this board have been pointing to poor recruiting or at least a need for an improvement. Funding has also been a hot topic on the board with regard to hiring a new coach.

Do I think we will be in a position to beat a top 25 team without better talent and coaching…no.

Talent takes recruiting and coaches cost money.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: