Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OWLS in the RPI...

Add topic

Don't recall the Owls ever being listed that high before… but they also have Sam Houston State in the top 10, so not sure how much credibility this thing is worth.

The page updates daily, but is current as of now…

Link to Page
Back to the top

Re: CBSSportline.com RPI: Owls #61

I don't have much respect for that as far as a national ranking meaning how good you are but it does list strength of schedule ad our is now #31! That is hard to argue with! 2 games @ SEC teams already!
Back to the top

RPI has great credibility, however, it doesn't really show the whole picture until everyone gets into their conference schedule.

Here's why:

It is based on the SOS of you and who you play.  At the early stages of a season, many top programs play an easy schedule so those lower level programs can have a higher RPI and if you are not playing anyone, a top team can be rated lower.

The top programs that play top programs early are usually at the top and then you can find all kinds of programs listed.

But it is a realistic snapshot of what is happening at the moment, and from that perspective, it sure beats being at #261, which we have been on many occasions.
Back to the top

fauowl said

RPI has great credibility, however, it doesn't really show the whole picture until everyone gets into their conference schedule.

Here's why:

It is based on the SOS of you and who you play.  At the early stages of a season, many top programs play an easy schedule so those lower level programs can have a higher RPI and if you are not playing anyone, a top team can be rated lower.

The top programs that play top programs early are usually at the top and then you can find all kinds of programs listed.

But it is a realistic snapshot of what is happening at the moment, and from that perspective, it sure beats being at #261, which we have been on many occasions.

thanks for clearing that up
Back to the top

OWLS WITH A TOP 100 RPI

I'm a big fan of mratings.com because it compiles all the rankings out there. After looking through, there isn't one team we play for the rest of the season that is ranked higher than us.

This team has got the opportunity to do something special this year.

I think Siena is going to be a tough road game tonight, they're well coached and should be bouncing back. Hopefully not yet though. It would be another big win.

mratings.com, click on men's bball. 
Back to the top

Re: OWLS WITH A TOP 100 RPI

Back to the top

those loses to Mason and American are stinging us a bit.

Tonight should be an interesting matchup. I think its going to be a tough game but 100% winnable. Actually this will be the toughest nonconference game left on the schedule.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Actually this will be the toughest nonconference game left on the schedule.

Over DePaul??
Back to the top

yeah, DePaul blows. Being in Chicago now, I hear about them a lot.

Siena is good, their just having a bad run. I'm worried about Siena tonight. They're much better than their record.

If DePaul wasn't in the big east, we would look past them. USF is better than DePaul
Back to the top

OWLS in the RPI...

Exit39 said

USF is better than DePaul

Hmmm…….

While they do shoot only 25% from downtown, and are not a good rebounding team, not sure I agree with that notion…

Saw them play over Thanksgiving break…

They are rebuilding, but believe me Purnell will have them in the hunt quick enough.
Back to the top
Control functions: