Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Al Golden to Coach Hurricanes

Add topic

Al Golden has been offered and accepted the Miami coaching job, a source confirmed on Sunday.

The 41-year-old Golden spent five seasons at Temple, transforming the Owls from a program that was 1-11 in his first season to winning 19 games in his past two seasons at the Philadelphia school.

He would succeed Randy Shannon, who was fired after the Hurricanes (7-5) finished with a loss to South Florida.

The Owls went 8-4 this season, beating a Connecticut team that is headed for a BCS bowl by two touchdowns. They were not invited to a bowl game.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Al Golden to Coach Hurricanes

Let's hire Leach now!!!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Let's hire Leach now!!!

He's always being mentioned for NFL coaching vacancies. I don't think he's going to get any and if he doesn't we should seriously consider him

Back to the top

Wow, the Hurricanes standards drop a lot and fast. He was not even mentioned early on.

Golden will find that life at UM will be much different than with Temple in the MAC with six or seven really weak ass teams to beat up on. I don't think he will do much better than Gill did going from Buffalo to Kansas.

And the poor fans at Temple, first they go 8-4 but get shafted by the bowls and now they lost their coach too. Bad week for those Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Wow, the Hurricanes standards dropp a lot and fast.

Was thinking the exact same thing…uninspired hire, IMO.
Back to the top

Randy Edsel at UConn was the much better choice. There's a big difference in going from Temple to Miami.

Even see if you can get permission to talk to Richt who has Miami ties

Back to the top

Richt is actually from Boca. If UGA is ever STUPID enough to fire him or force him out, Owls should grab him in a flash if they have a brain.

Temple was 8-4 this year but had only one decent win, vs. UCONN. Also beat Villanova (FCS), Central Michigan, Army, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Akron and Kent St. Combined for 27-57 record (including both bowl teams). Lost to Penn St., N. IL, Ohio and Miami-Ohio. Not a powerhouse among them.

MAC accomplishments will not hold water at UM, playing full ACC schedule and real tough OOC games too!

Back to the top

Al Golden to Coach Hurricanes

GeorgiaOwl said

Richt is actually from Boca. If UGA is ever STUPID enough to fire him or force him out, Owls should grab him in a flash if they have a brain.

Temple was 8-4 this year but had only one decent win, vs. UCONN. Also beat Villanova (FCS), Central Michigan, Army, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Akron and Kent St. Combined for 27-57 record (including both bowl teams). Lost to Penn St., N. IL, Ohio and Miami-Ohio. Not a powerhouse among them.

MAC accomplishments will not hold water at UM, playing full ACC schedule and real tough OOC games too!

Richt, though comes across as a nice family man with all of the adopted kids and all that, is running a program that is beating out Florida with the number of player ARRESTS in the last few years!!! 25 since 2008.

Wins are not that important to me.
Back to the top
Control functions: