Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HIRE Mike Leach

Re: HIRE Mike Leach

I will say this…

Before the Louisiana game this year, I was standing and chatting with Angelos outside of the Stadium when a fan said to him “Hire Terry Bowden.”

Angelos laughed about it for a little bit then brought up the name Mike Leach.

I’m not saying Angelos was serious or anything but he did mention something along the lines of wanting a coach that could score points.

Take it for what it’s worth here.
Back to the top

FAU said

I will say this…

Before the Louisiana game this year, I was standing and chatting with Angelos outside of the Stadium when a fan said to him “Hire Terry Bowden.”

Angelos laughed about it for a little bit then brought up the name Mike Leach.

I’m not saying Angelos was serious or anything but he did mention something along the lines of wanting a coach that could score points.

Take it for what it’s worth here.

Coaches dont score points, players do.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

A fan wanted Angelos to hire Bowden. Hmmmm I wonder who that could be haha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Coaches recruit the players and hire the Coaches (OC in this case) and set the style of play. So YES, they are responsible!
Back to the top

Ted reported today in his blog that Leach may end up in Maryland

Back to the top

HIRE Mike Leach

To play devil's advocate:

Did anyone really think we were going to go after Mike Leach??

Howard has a full year left and is still TBD afterwards…timing simply wasn't right.
Back to the top

Rick said

Did anyone really think we were going to go after Mike Leach??

I think some here thought we were going to let Mike Leach, Randy Shannon, and Urban Meyer duke it out to see who would have the honor of being named FAU's coach in waiting.  :-[  I hear that money is falling from the sky on campus.
Back to the top

I don't believe that. In my opinion I think it was purely wishful thinking of the fans on the board, merely a pipe dream.

I don't think anyone really though that we were going to hire Mike Leach. Maybe some thought hey why not? Or anything is possible but I don't think anyone truly believed they'd wake up 1 morning to find out we hired Mike Leach as a coach in waiting

Back to the top

But it is just like recruiting the players, if you don't offer, they don't know you are interested in them. What can it possibly hurt to ask?

And yes it is wishful thinking, not any difeferent than those who want to stay on this course that we are on, that we can win the conference next year, or ever again for that matter! We were 4-8 with three of those wins by 1 point, not good at all. Just thoink, 3 points difference ON THE YEAR and we could well have been 1-11. If that had happened, what is being said BY ALL then???????????
Back to the top

Of course its wishful thinking, but in my mind it made sense. Still wishful thinking, but it made sense, lol. I think Leach really wants to coach in south Florida. He wanted the UM job when Randy Shannon was hired. No we aren't UM, but we are in south Florida, lol. Again, people are making this to be all about money. I never would have started this thread if it was all about money. Its actually more about convenience and perfect time for it to happen. Leach wants to coach, loves south Florida and we just so happen to (maybe) looking for a coach in south Florida. Again, I love Coach and everything he's done for the program and I know we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it wasn't for him, but if we have are as bad as we were this year, next year, no one on this board can deny that SOMETHING has to change.
Back to the top
Control functions: