Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sunbelt vs MAC

Hope our fellow sunbelt schools show up and represent the SBC well.

12/10 - 9pm
New Orleans Bowl
Ohio 8-4, 6-2 mac
Troy 7-5, 6-2 sbc

12/26 - 8:30pm
Little Caesars Bowl
FIU 6-6, 6-2 sbc
Toledo 8-4, 7-1 mac

1/6 - 8pm
GoDaddy.com Bowl
MTSU 6-6, 5-3 sbc
Miami (OH) 9-4, 7-1 mac
Back to the top

Re: Sunbelt vs MAC

Congrats to Troy for their 48-21 whooping over Ohio on the New Orleans Bowl!

One down, two to go…….

Show them which conference is best!
Back to the top

Sorry but I hope FIU gets DESTROYED!!! I'm talking 85-3!

Don't care if MTSU wins theirs and don't care if FIU winning is good for the conference.

I hope they lose and I hope they lose bad

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Sorry but I hope FIU gets DESTROYED!!! I'm talking 85-3!

Don't care if MTSU wins theirs and don't care if FIU winning is good for the conference.

I hope they lose and I hope they lose bad

FIU will be the toughest one for me to pull for no doubt.

Im glad the Troy won, and Ill be pulling for MTSU.

FIU is our rival and we compete DIRECTLY for the same recruits. If they win, Im happy for the 'Belt, if the lose I wont lose any sleep over it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Sunbelt vs MAC

owlfamily said

If they win, Im happy for the 'Belt, if the lose I wont lose any sleep over it.

Post of the day?? ;D
Back to the top

I don't buy into that whole winning bowl games helps the conference. I personally think that's a farse.

Every year Troy dominates the conference, sometimes beating up on BCS oppopnents along the way and we're still regarded as the worst conference in D-1

Winning or losing bowl games means nothing for the conference as I'm concered.

You think if all 3 teams win, next season everyone is going to say "oh the Sunbelt is a respectable conference"? Doubt it, they'll still consider us the worst D-1 conference until we start getting teams ranked and start beating BCS teams on a consistent basis, it'll always be that way

Back to the top

Yeah, the Belt had BY FAR the worst OOC record this year! In fact our win over UAB may have been the highlight of the year for the entire conference. UAB, it was that bad this year!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Yeah, the Belt had BY FAR the worst OOC record this year! In fact our win over UAB may have been the highlight of the year for the entire conference. UAB, it was that bad this year!

So what's the difference whether the Belt schools win their bowl games or not? We're playing the MAC. So what if we beat them, at the end of the season they'll still be considered a better overall conference. Next season we will still be the worst conference in Division I, so how is it "Good for the belt" for all the teams to win?

I say root against them to win! You would never see Gator fans cheer for Georgia in a bowl game because "It's good for the conference". Even for non AQ schools you think Boise is rooting for Nevada to win? No they're hoping that every school in their conference but them loses.

So I hope FIU gets crushed and I hope MTSU loses too

Back to the top

No problem with that, I hate the Belt! If we got an invite to CUSA I would be SO HAPPY!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

No problem with that, I hate the Belt! If we got an invite to CUSA I would be SO HAPPY!

Why do you hate the Sun Belt?  ::)

Damn the Greeks, Burn Her Down.
Back to the top
Control functions: