Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ranking the High Schools

Add topic

Ranking the High Schools

Here is an article from Rival listing the Top 100 High Schools around the country.

St. Thomas Aquinas of Ft. Lauderdale (Florida Class 5A State Champion) finished with a perfect 15-0 record and landed at #2 on the list of Top 100.  The Raiders could give any team in the country fits with its physical defense and balanced offense. It cleaned house in its class.

Read Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Ranking the High Schools

Saw about 5 or 6 schools within a 75 mile radius of FAU...
Back to the top

owlmart said

Saw about 5 or 6 schools within a 75 mile radius of FAU…

Unfortuanately every other University in the land knows they are there as well.

The days when Howard recruited kids out of Florida to Miami because they were unknown are over.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

With the stadium now actually being built, is there any legitimate reason why we can't recruit a few "known" stars, not just the undiscovered diamond in the rough we seem to depend on finding? Think maybe we need to set our sights higher?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

With the stadium now actually being built, is there any legitimate reason why we can't recruit a few "known" stars, not just the undiscovered diamond in the rough we seem to depend on finding? Think maybe we need to set our sights higher?

I think it is more about reality.  We can set our sights as high as we want, but if we spend all of our time chasing pipe dreams, we will not spend enough time recruiting kids we may have a realistic shot at landing that can help us improve our team.  The stadium will help us move up a notch, but if UF, FSU or Miami offers someone we want, guess where they will go.

I personally do not want us out recruiting a ton of "stars" so our fan base has something to brag about…until those "stars" decide to go elsewhere.  IMO time is better spent looking for players–whether they are considered stars or not–who have legitmate reasons and desires to be an Owl and who can fill a need.
Back to the top

I hope we are at a point where we can go after some of the same players the top programs are going after, for a different reasons. Most of the top programs will  extend to many offers and at one point will drop a kid that extended a verbal to play for xyz (one reason being…they where able to get someone better).  If FAU had shown interest form the beginning then we are in much better position to get a steal.

The stadium will help attract better recruits, as long we continue to build on the foundation that has already been laid…facilities, fan base, donors, etc.
Back to the top
Control functions: