Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rumors...

Well since things are pretty slow around here,here's something to keep us occupied..twitter! I'm an avid twitterer and here's a couple things I came across today..

"Howard Schnellenberger retirement rumors are rampant at FAU." Granted this came from "fbrumormill" and I'm sure it is totally a rumor. Just weird that this came up out of nowhere, especially considering the following…

"Hearing that Randy Shannon may become the coach in waiting at #FAU. Best of luck to him. #TheU #Miami #UFamily"

strange huh?

and just for fun, someone put this "That hook and ladder by #fau was amazing!"..lol
Back to the top

Re: Rumors...

I just can't see Howard not coaching next year.  The coach in waiting thing makes a lot of sense….considering Coach only has a year left on his deal and having a CIW would be really helpful in recruiting….but I'm not buying either rumor.
Back to the top

interesting. very interesting.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

interesting. very interesting.

It would be interesting but these "rampant" rumors have only been mentioned on one person's twitter account…nothing from Ted Hutton or any local media.  I'm not putting any stock into this one…at least not yet. 
Back to the top

Shannon is going to have to rebuild himself. It might make sense to do it at FAU where he could still be in S. Florida and close to his roots.

Im not a big fan of the "in-waiting" thing. Have the talks with the indvidual, tell him the plan, and then implement it once the decesion is made.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Shannon is going to have to rebuild himself. It might make sense to do it at FAU where he could still be in S. Florida and close to his roots.

Im not a big fan of the "in-waiting" thing. Have the talks with the indvidual, tell him the plan, and then implement it once the decesion is made.

I disagree.  The coach-in-waiting is a good idea when you have an older coach like Howard.  It will help the players and the program transition from one guy to the next quicker and it is a big help in recruiting to be able to tell players who will be their coach for the next 4 years.  Plus, it would allow Howard to have a bigger role in picking who takes over his program.  I think it makes a ton of sense.

P.S. I know people who work in the FAU athletics department must read this board….Please fix the stadium webcam…I'm tired of looking at 11am yesterday!   >:(
Back to the top

I heard a rumor today as well….Craig is taking the A.D. job at the University of Florida….I don't ,know how valid it is but I will say that this is the beginning of great things here at FAU.

Also ESPN is currently taping that documentary on Lockhart Stadium.  They are calling it "The Hart of College Football" it will be a hour prime time show like "The U".  I am hearing there will be exclusive interviews with many FAU players about their time in the most dominating college football stadiums.

If you believe that Howard isn't coaching next year these things could be true…..Just Saying….

Back to the top

Ha! One can only hope that the part about the AD is true.

Maybe he can be the GM of the same team that Polo gets drafted by.

Do they have GMs in PAL football?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rumors...

Jab979 said

Do they have GMs in PAL football?

I called the Association and sadly no, but they do have an opening for someone to do the scheduling, I took the liberty to apply for The Craigster but sadly they said that he isn't qualified enough for that responsibility.

JUST KIDDING……maybe

**Edit** they just called me back and are re-considering….they are also looking for some ref's for upcoming basketball games, I gave them the Sun Belt Conference phone number….those refs may need some training though.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

Also ESPN is currently taping that documentary on Lockhart Stadium.  They are calling it "The Hart of College Football" it will be a hour prime time show like "The U".

That's great!

Ha ha ha
Back to the top
Control functions: